Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GSUB for bms18s430v2 or faital 18hp1030

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Originally posted by Ody Ody wrote:

Hi Marjan

Thank you for the post... i read this all the time in this forum that faitals data has a bit more "salt" on them than reality anyway i understand the marketing commercial reasons so no hard feelings i am just asking if somebody has real expirience with faital's woofers on BR sub duty as i see in Us market have good reputation (bassmax dubill etc..).

By the way as i see that you are big fun also to BMS from Bold audio, just from curiocity in your flagship 2x18 sub you have choose to use eighteen instead of somethink like 18n850 or 18n860 as lacoustics did(sb28) i would like to have your opinion as propably you have done also the tests with bms before you end up with eighteen.

We didnt tested the BMS drivers. We did considered both drivers that you are mentioning but simply the 18Sound driver that we are using is much more superior.
We wanted a reflex sub that will go low and have punch at the same time. So all things were really in favor of the 18Sound driver.
If we needed more like a infra sub then we would have used 18N862 for sure.
Funny you have mentioned Lacoustic subs. They were the main reason we didnt go for BMS 18s. We dont like them at all. 
Try to compare the T/S parameters of 18Sound 18NLW9600 with the BMS offerings in the 18 inch drivers compartment and you will have the answer.
Not get me wrong the BMS drivers are all top notch, just wasn't suited for what we needed.
And beside the big subs (we have now 21's too) and the small 8inch drivers, everything else we use is BMS.

Hi Marjan

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
I have never heard the sb28 sub from lacoustics but i was assuming reading so many possitive feedback from users that anyway most of them agree that the sb28 is really a step forward comparing to sb218 that should be a really nice sounding product. (anyway i liked  the sb218 sound).

Expirience wise i am using some infrasubs (pw418) from Coda that they have i think the 18n850 inside they really go deep with huge amount of ULF information but they definatelly lack of punch, abit slow and since we have the selfpowred version not really good cone control at the end.

I would be really  intrested to hear and play with your sub one day and since we are very close to your production facility i might visit one day to hear bold products on sight.

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 10:35pm
Where are you from?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Ody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 11:12pm
Athens.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Ody Ody wrote:

Hi Rish & Tony

Sorry for replying late i was just out for gig  during weekend .

Rish thank you for the tip regarding the plansShift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Tony i will PM you to find a form of possible cooperation as iam located in Greece
and i have direct access to the factory for the drivers but still very intrested in your
plans knowledge & expirience.

Ody I am always happy to help people with their boxes whether they buy the drivers off me or not.

Regarding the driver in the SB28, take that driver and put it in a 140L nett box , tune to 40/42hz and now tell me it does not punch!! Total waste of Xmax though as it will not be needed at these higher frequencies.

There is a tendency for companies to tune their 18" bass bins lower and lower over the last few years. This is why everyone keeps on about the inability for the upper bass to sound "fast", sic.

Just loose the lasts 10-15hz that for most Genre's does nowt and regain the "Slam", I should make it my motto :)

Tony

p.s Just PM me if you think that I can help

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 02 October 2012 at 1:09pm
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 10:09am
+1

As always Tony is absolutely right. The race to the bottom low is heating up this days.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 5:34pm
Can't slam be eq'ed in?
What frequencies contribute to that ''slam'' ?
I know kick is about 91 hz, but is kick slam?Smile
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 6:03pm

91hz is not kick
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:07pm
Most of the kick drum fundamentals are around 60Hz.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:49pm
Than I must be missinformed, in this paper it clearly states that 91 hz is the prominent kick frequency.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:22pm
Male vocals are 253,5hz, female 625,2hz, electric guitar is 412,52hz while violin can be found at 2327,1hz

Edited by pfly - 02 October 2012 at 9:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12