Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uni room sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 8:50am
Good looking system, natural colour cabs seem to becoming more and more popular.
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 9:15am
Originally posted by mister_pi mister_pi wrote:

iirc Dissident started off based in Goldney (posh as !) halls at UoB!

Us Flat 19 Scum (just behind the Grecian nr the Arches on Glouc. Rd in Bristol) got enough trouble off our non-pro gear to get the OB called I decided against bringing in anything heavier ;)

Luckily our warden was a bit of a wreckhead who spent her summers at the uk/french/etc/tek tings, so turned a blind eye and deaf ear to our sillyness :)...

Fun times :)

Yep - D block was quality. The flat wasn't quite as posh once we'd circular sawed off bits of the chairs as we didn't have a workbench though LOL

Bending the horn sections for our mids using the bath was my favourite though.
Don't test the champignon sound
will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 12:12pm
had a pair of tms4's and tse118's in my shoebox room in halls! needless to say any nuissance neighbours were quickly shown who's boss
opo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 3:28am
did 4 loonys in my basement in Leeds in my unwashed days, twice in one year, result - EHO came and impolitely removed ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in the house that made a sound! including turntables, mixers, vinyl, TVs and the hoover... that'll teach you..... to clean noisily!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 2:09pm
^ hahaha that's quite funny really, that'll teach you indeed Ouch
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
King George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 7:21pm
lol @ the hoover...
will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by opo opo wrote:

did 4 loonys in my basement in Leeds in my unwashed days, twice in one year, result - EHO came and impolitely removed ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in the house that made a sound! including turntables, mixers, vinyl, TVs and the hoover... that'll teach you..... to clean noisily!

Welcome to sp dorris!
Goodvibetribe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 4:24pm
Finally got round to uploading some pics of what i currently have in my house at uni. The first couple of pics are in the living room, but we do have a basement in which its usually all set up in. I'll put up some pics of that later. We have also had threats from EHO's as well so we have been keeping it down for bit.
This Is my new martin F12+ tops and a pair of W Bins loaded with PD156's
Here Is the Rack, I knocked up the cab with some spare MDF just to fit everything i needed at uni in. Amps and LMS are cheap for the moment but they work.

Here's the back.
jagoreedjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagoreedjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by jwdrain jwdrain wrote:

Dedication Audio right?

How many invaders do you have now? Just seen a picture that looks like 6?

safe
jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:31pm
Yeah thats right :) Nope, still 4 at the moment, I know the picture you're thinking of though. To keep the height of the stack down we stacked the USBs standing up next the invaders. There are another 4 being built at the moment though, and we already have 2/4 of the drivers needed :P
jagoreedjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagoreedjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 2:45pm
Oh yeah makes more sense.

Look forward to hearing them!
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 3:07pm
It sounded good at Yellow Arch the other week man, can't wait to hear it again in a proper room.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>