Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RICE & PEAS OCTOBER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 1:38am
well i was there. what a great turn out for the size of the building secondly ebony sound did not turn up. diamonds girls best friends cover for them my opinion is that all four sounds done their thing. eastman had the best deepest bass by far trojan 7 at times had the nicest mids and tops. ebony showcase sounded gd for the little that they had. but over all diamond was the best over all sound for the day for me.  
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 11:25am
First I must say big up to the promoters for keeping the ting going, I know it's not a easy job.

Eastman....mi know nuff might disagree but in my opinion dem nuh improve from di last time mi hear dem!, yes dem bass had good tone but so does my system in my bedroom. Their was no volume. And as mi always seh, bass is easy fi get right wah bout the rest of the system? as far as mi concern they had nothing else. Nice authentic looking system, but should just put it in the museum of roots sounds.

Trojan.... Somebody tell mi they had 2x21" speakers in dem bass boxes, bwooooy.....dat was embarrassing. Only ting sound good at times was the kicks.
Mi nah seh nuh more, Mi sure Waxhead wi give a accurate feedback pon him web site

Ebony showcase.....nice professional looking PA system. I can si dem getting nuf PA work but not good for reggae/roots dance.
Tops and mids di loud but a little harsh sometimes. Bass was clean but could hear dem bottoming out too early. Throw was lacking but that could be down to the venue high ceiling and hollow floor. Mek wi si how dem sound in golden palace Sunday

Diamond GBF......best on the night imo. Bass was good and heavy, but may have been even better if it did stack wid the mouths facing each other. di two little tops
was loud and clean. Smallest setup...best overall
A nuh di size a di gun, but a di effect from di bullet!
Sun Sun Sun
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

First I must say big up to the promoters for keeping the ting going, I know it's not a easy job.

Eastman....mi know nuff might disagree but in my opinion dem nuh improve from di last time mi hear dem!, yes dem bass had good tone but so does my system in my bedroom. Their was no volume. And as mi always seh, bass is easy fi get right wah bout the rest of the system? as far as mi concern they had nothing else. Nice authentic looking system, but should just put it in the museum of roots sounds.

Trojan.... Somebody tell mi they had 2x21" speakers in dem bass boxes, bwooooy.....dat was embarrassing. Only ting sound good at times was the kicks.
Mi nah seh nuh more, Mi sure Waxhead wi give a accurate feedback pon him web site

Ebony showcase.....nice professional looking PA system. I can si dem getting nuf PA work but not good for reggae/roots dance.
Tops and mids di loud but a little harsh sometimes. Bass was clean but could hear dem bottoming out too early. Throw was lacking but that could be down to the venue high ceiling and hollow floor. Mek wi si how dem sound in golden palace Sunday

Diamond GBF......best on the night imo. Bass was good and heavy, but may have been even better if it did stack wid the mouths facing each other. di two little tops
A nuh di size a di gun, but a di effect from di bullet!

Yep, pretty much exactly how it was. Clap

Reminded me of early RnP days, when RnP was innovating, and highlight of the month.
Full of vibe, plenty sound man there, with decent amount of women, many people enjoying music, not just box watching.

Except no mention of one sound longing things out in the 2x for 2x, & 1x for 1x.
Diamonds GBF Operator came on mic to squash that..LOL
The man hot like pepper!!!!

http://www.caribbeanonlinegoods.com/images/Grace%20scotch%20bonner%20pepper%20sauce.jpg

Edited by levyte357- - 29 October 2012 at 2:38pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 3:38pm
[QUOTE=ras i] First I must say big up to the promoters for keeping the ting going, I know it's not a easy job.

A nuh di size a di gun, but a di effect from di bullet![/QUOTE

Thanks Ras I for the unbiased comments.. New set and still a work in progress.. And yes GP will be a real test. Respect to Diamonds for the last min step in. Made the night more fun. Thanks to AVP for bringing us back to rice n peas]
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 3:45pm
pics guys?
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

pics guys?

I have  a few, will try to get them up later today, they may be a bit dark though

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Jahlive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahlive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 6:05pm
Good turnout strange venue it's a good job diamond turned up as he was the best by far others were poor by comparison well dun mr promoter
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Jahlive Jahlive wrote:

Good turnout strange venue it's a good job diamond turned up as he was the best by far others were poor by comparison well dun mr promoter

At least Waxhead mid tops were good at times, but still waiting for explanation why building was left standing, after 4x 2x21" were in there, but not playing.LOL

Showcase mic section need tuning up, but strangely, music thru mid tops sounded nice often thru the night.

Eastman for most of the night had nice 32hz sub rolling, till it drop off later on. LOL

Diamonds GBF, had complete sound overall, from the smallest stack, and mic section to rival even Wassie. Shocked

Edited by levyte357- - 29 October 2012 at 6:55pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
riceandpeas check View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riceandpeas check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 8:47pm
avp would like to thanks all four sounds for taking part. ebony sound has sent sorry to everyone for not making it but they have a strong reason y which we would of done the same thing. respect diamond for back up and all the fans and avp staff. and thanks to the caretaker who was rocking like a boat to the music.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:14am
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

pics guys?

Paulus, Just checked photo's they are a bit too dark to show any useful stuff, sorry mate.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
midus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 2:31pm
waxhead pic's and your review please 
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 10:06am
Originally posted by midus midus wrote:

waxhead pic's and your review pleaseĀ 

Lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>