Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RICE & PEAS OCTOBER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 10:31am
Originally posted by yardman yardman wrote:

yo watch out for trojan 7 waxhead goner mash up the  building with them big 21. but its eastman sound everybody should watch out for. im been hearing that sound is going to lift the round chapel from off the founddation and put the building to one side. well action speaks louder than words well we will all see tomor. and if so that means its goner be hell and powder house.cant wait.

Yard man please give me your analysis of the night did the sounds who were meant to shake the chapel roof do so??

Just asking :)
yardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 11:05am
No Sir.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:40pm

Ebony showcase – average.  System had no real warmth to it, very sharp.  The big million channel mixing desk made me smile…  

Eastman – good bass.  I think they improved a lot from their last outing at Rice and Peas awhile back [I think they played in same session as Kayak audio].  No real mid tops which was a shame.  I liked the look of their system the best – very retro!

Trojan 7 – Bit of a mess.  Sounded like they were playing pink noise through the system all night.  I’m not sure if anyone in the session could make out what was being played.

Diamonds [a girl’s best friend] – Bit of a surprise.  I didn’t think this little system would be able to hold its ground with the other bigger stacks, but it did.  It was the only system which filled the hall with bass.  I have to give this system maximum respect as it was called in at the last minute to fill in for a vacant slot.

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 31 October 2012 at 12:43pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

The big milion channel mixing desk made me smile…

LOL

Trojan 7 – Bit of a mess.  Sounded like they were playing pink noise through the system all night.  I’m not sure if anyone in the session could make out what was being played.

But I think maybe Waxhead's boxes were really long throw, so with the set in Hackney, if we were all in Bethnal Green, maybe that's where all the sub was.

Edited by levyte357- - 31 October 2012 at 2:31pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:26pm

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; line-height: normal;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Calibri">Ebony showcase – average.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>System had no real warmth to
it, very sharp.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>The big million
channel mixing desk made me smile… <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Calibri">Eastman – good bass.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> 
</span>I think they improved a lot from their last outing at Rice and Peas
awhile back [I think they played in same session as Kayak audio].<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>No real mid tops which was a shame.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I liked the look of their system the best –
very retro!<o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Calibri">Trojan 7 – Bit of a mess.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> 
</span>Sounded like they were playing pink noise through the system all
night.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I’m not sure if anyone in the
session could make out what was being played.<o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Calibri">Diamonds [a girl’s best friend] – Bit of a surprise.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I didn’t think this little system would be
able to hold its ground with the other bigger stacks, but it did.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>It was the only system which filled the hall
with bass.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I have to give this system maximum
respect as it was called in at the last minute to fill in for a vacant slot.

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p> 

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p>

Just to clarify the mixer was there as we do live events during the year and needed to see how this newly built system sounded through it. And as it was the first time the system has been played it was nice to see where the improvements are needed.

A few tweaks here and there and it should be ok for our needs
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

But I think maybe Waxhead's boxes were really long throw, so with the set in Hackney, if we were all in Bethnal Green, maybe that's where all the sub was.

The Trojan 7 system did have a lot of bass up close.  If you stood on the wooden stage it felt like an earthquake was happening but the bass dropped quickly the further from the stack you got.  Some people where listening to each one of Trojan 7's subs to figure out if they were all in-phase but thats difficult to do once the gig has started.

The only thing you can say is that everytime Trojan 7 play out they are consistent

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 31 October 2012 at 2:54pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:56pm
The venue is lovely though, its just waiting for someone to tame it

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:39pm

The Trojan 7 system did have a lot of bass up close.

I didn't hear one note of sub from Trojan stack all night, obvious technical.

The only thing you can say is that everytime Trojan 7 play out they are consistent

LOL

Edited by levyte357- - 31 October 2012 at 3:44pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:41pm
gota tx sayin one of the sounds had spice girls engineer tunin the set?! dno what that was about i couldnt make it, anyone know what thats about?
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by yardman yardman wrote:

No Sir.

Ok why wAz that then?
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

The Trojan 7 system did have a lot of bass up close.

I didn't hear one note of sub from Trojan stack all night, obvious technical.

LOL

Agreed Levy not even one ounce of bass from all those 21s!! Putting it frankly everytime Trojan have entered a soundcheck they have Always had technicals!!

You would have thought by now for the amount of checks they been in they knew what they were doin!!
bucky d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

gota tx sayin one of the sounds had spice girls engineer tunin the set?! dno what that was about i couldnt make it, anyone know what thats about?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>