Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small 8" Speaker Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:01pm
Regarding Winisd, easiest way to find the link and latest information about it is their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/WinISD?ref=ts&fref=ts
TMAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:41am
Fair enough Steve.

Assuming you have downloaded win ISD.
Here are a couple of starting points for you to work from.
For the BMS 8S215 as Tony mentioned guide volume of between 6 and 9 Ltrs and a tuning frequency of between 85Hz and 100Hz (please note the driver will take up around 1.2ltr and you will also need to account for the horn and driver volume).
As another good quality option is the 18 Sound 8MB500 with a volume between 9 & 14Ltr tuned between 75Hz-90Hz. (again the driver takes up about 1.2 ltr)
Smile

Flat pack & fully assembled Speaker cabinet design and CNC manufacturing. www.speaker-cabinets.co.uk
djsam3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djsam3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 12:52pm
To all, thank you for your input regarding links and suggestions. This will keep me busy. It would be nice to get something together myself. After all that is the idea Big smile
Steve_B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by TMAL TMAL wrote:

Fair enough Steve.

Assuming you have downloaded win ISD.
Here are a couple of starting points for you to work from.
For the BMS 8S215 as Tony mentioned guide volume of between 6 and 9 Ltrs and a tuning frequency of between 85Hz and 100Hz (please note the driver will take up around 1.2ltr and you will also need to account for the horn and driver volume).
As another good quality option is the 18 Sound 8MB500 with a volume between 9 & 14Ltr tuned between 75Hz-90Hz. (again the driver takes up about 1.2 ltr)
Smile

I'm not quite sure what you are asking??

From your original post, I inferred that you were offering to build the cabinets for the thread starter. If he is considering building his own cabinets I believe we should help rather than just use the forum as a place to advertise a building service.

So if djsam3000 comes back with some ideas for which he would like comment, then I will try to comment constructively. For my own designs, I don't really need any starting points as such.

If I have misunderstood your comments then please accept my apology.
TMAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:28pm
Hi Steve,

I was trying to give him a starting point to work from for is own design.  I thought some driver suggestions with guidlines for volumes and tunings might be a useful place to start.

Don't worry Steve no offence taken.

Edited by TMAL - 18 October 2012 at 10:28pm
Flat pack & fully assembled Speaker cabinet design and CNC manufacturing. www.speaker-cabinets.co.uk
TMAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:29pm
I think if you re-read what I said and you quoted thats quite obvious.Smile
Steve_B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by TMAL TMAL wrote:

I think if you re-read what I said and you quoted thats quite obvious.Smile

Now you point it out.......

It was a long day yesterday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12