Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ev Folded horn Sentry Help (old skool cab)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:53pm
What makes you say that  about the Eliminator 1A. We had 8 of them in 1975 they would kill.
123db at 100 watt nothing could touch them. Mine came in from USA not the ones built in Swiss.
We later on replaced the h/f with Bayma CP22
You want it when?
bdoan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdoan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 8:16pm
I have 2 of these folded subs for sale with original drivers
carlfarey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlfarey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 6:56pm
I had some 1A's in the 80's very loud now using the ZLX 15p and ELX18p's

AvO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by To Old Now To Old Now wrote:

I found this in my files. I hope it helps you.

I know this is a very old thread, You posted this 6 years ago! I wonder if you maybe have this file in a higher resolution? That would be great!!! I was hoping to find some informations about my speaker system! This is the only picture I found on the net!! Unfortunately I can not read the words. Please help me Smile
To Old Now View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 10:56am
Which ones are you looking for? I may have data sheets for them if I know the cabs that you have???
You want it when?
AvO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 12:09pm
I am so glad you're still hereTongue! I am talking about the picture under the emiminator a1. I think, it maybe is a sentry IV, but normally the horn section is not seperated from the woofer? Unfortunately I don't have the woofer. What I have, looks exactly like the portable midrange/twitcher section on the top. And your picture ist the only one I found, that looks exactly like it. (sorry for bad english)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 12:42pm
If its an EV then the cab is a TL5050. it's a 2x12" drivers>EVM12L. I have found the drawings for them.
You want it when?
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 12:49pm
these may be of some use to you
http://www.itishifi.com/2017/04/electro-voice-sentry-iv.html

I did a Google search on the image you posted then refined by image size but couldn't find any catalogues which were any larger or more focussed. I shall continue my seach on my PC archives and see what I can find for you.

For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:21pm
Jase---They are a very old cabinet and also very rare in the UK as well as the Eliminator 1A was the very common one in UK back in the day.

If you have picked them up locally in the Brum area then they could have some real serious history behind them as back in the very early seventies there was only one band in Brum using 2x12 Eliminators and it was somebody like The Move or Sabbath or another band of that stature---I am pretty sure that it was pre ELO as I can remember some for sale in the old Wasp music shop on Hurst Street.

Are there any old name stencil marks on them anywhere that may have been painted over or the vinyl covered up as you may have a bit of rock history there.
AvO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:57pm
I think, there is some kind of misunderstanding, probably because my description was too bad. I tried to post some pictures, but I don't know how. Anyway, on the picture of the old EV catalog in this thread, you can see 5 cabinets. I am talking about the one down left. Is this a sentry IV B? Because normaly the sentry 4 is not seperated in two units? My portable EV horn section looks exactly like the one in the catalog, but not like all the other pictures of  the sentryIV that I googeled.
AvO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

these may be of some use to you
http://www.itishifi.com/2017/04/electro-voice-sentry-iv.%20 - http://www.itishifi.com/2017/04/electro-voice-sentry-iv.html
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1000557/Electro-Voice-Sentry-Iva. - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1000557/Electro-Voice-Sentry-Iva.html
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/43749/Electro-Voice-Sentry-Iva. - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/43749/Electro-Voice-Sentry-Iva.html

I did a Google search on the image you posted then refined by image size but couldn't find any catalogues which were any larger or more focussed. I shall continue my seach on my PC archives and see what I can find for you.

Thanks a lot!! So you think it is a Sentry IV? Even though the horn section is seperated from the Cabinet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote To Old Now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 4:30pm
Have you checked to see if it is a 2x12" cabinet or a 1x15" if it is a 1x15" it could be a Altec 1215A. they look very much the same!??
You want it when?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>