Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RICE & PEAS NOVEMBER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 11:24pm
This is why no one should be suprised, when events happen and there is no feedback afterwards.

Nuff, nuff people had plenty to say at the gig, about how certain things was shambles.

However, people stop comment on SP, because certain people catch feelings or get offended, when straight up commentary offends or doesn't suck up to sounds playing.

My mistake, thought forum was for discussion, & "Events and Ting", was for discussing events.

Won't happen again.

"KMT"

Edited by levyte357- - 30 November 2012 at 11:33pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 11:56pm
Hey Lev, we don't always agree on nuff tings, but dat don't stop us from have our say and some good banta.
The way I see it, if a sound man don't want to get criticism/feedback, they should just play in dem yard to dem self.

This is a forum to discus tings and one of those tings is sound systems. So just continue fi duh yuh ting and have yuh seh! Cause mi know mi nah stop!!
Sun Sun Sun
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 1:30am
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

Hey Lev, we don't always agree on nuff tings, but dat don't stop us from have our say and some good banta.
The way I see it, if a sound man don't want to get criticism/feedback, they should just play in dem yard to dem self.

This is a forum to discus tings and one of those tings is sound systems. So just continue fi duh yuh ting and have yuh seh! Cause mi know mi nah stop!!

Respects..

Yes we don't always see on a level.. But is truth you're talking..

I don't think people realise how much certain sound man has stopped posting on SP, because honesty is not appreciated.

But the "fan boy" ting is bigged up... 'Bun dat 'iyah.

Edited by levyte357- - 01 December 2012 at 1:31am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 9:21am
I chat to nuff big respectable sound man all the time about the soundchecks, but none of dem will post any comments because of the vibes people show when they get criticised
But like di saying go, "if yuh caan tek di heat, den get out di kitchen! Or in dis case don't go in di kitchen at all!
Sun Sun Sun
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 10:22am
Suh back to di last r&p

I like the way Entebe do their thing, very old school yes, but we need sounds like that to remind us of where we coming from. As long as its done properly like the way Entebe did it. The only thing I would say is update your subs.

Tsunami mid tops were nice but if they want to be taken seriously as a big sound then those Emmy loaded yammies have to go!

T/A we know can be monsterous but on this occasion something wasn't right. Mid tops were too loud and the subs were heavy at times but then sounded a bit muddled sometime. Whether it was a preamp issue or amp I don't know but something needs sorting.

Goverment, I know everybody do their thing a little bit different and they choose to use double reflex which did sound heavy up close but didn't seem to travel very far. And i still think that 12 x 18" with 2 x 10k amps should be causing structural damage. Heard they had preamp issues so could explain the lack of low mid because the 3 double 15s should be chucking out loads more. Like the mic vibes still! Even though we couldn't hear it clearly.
Sun Sun Sun
midus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 10:36am
[QUOTE=ras i] I thought these soundchecks were meant to be 4 x SUB BASS BOX events!!!???

Even though I still think that should mean 4 x speakers no matter what box, I can accept a man using 3 x doubles which is 6 x drivers, or 4 x doubles seeing that is still 4 box. BUT 6 x DOUBLES ON SUB (12 x 18" BASS)???? Thats taking the P***!!

12 x 18" on SUB!! in that venue!! The builders should be in there the next morning!!!

i would like to see variety it is the spice of life and stops things getting boring first thing i would say about all the sounds at this event governments  system seems the most usable as in load in time van pack and it did not take up anymore space than t above. and i am sure it was interesting to see and hear a reflex vs horn system   
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by midus midus wrote:

[QUOTE=ras i] I thought these soundchecks were meant to be 4 x SUB BASS BOX events!!!???

Even though I still think that should mean 4 x speakers no matter what box, I can accept a man using 3 x doubles which is 6 x drivers, or 4 x doubles seeing that is still 4 box. BUT 6 x DOUBLES ON SUB (12 x 18" BASS)???? Thats taking the P***!!

12 x 18" on SUB!! in that venue!! The builders should be in there the next morning!!!

i would like to see variety it is the spice of life and stops things getting boring first thing i would say about all the sounds at this event governments  system seems the most usable as in load in time van pack and it did not take up anymore space than t above. and i am sure it was interesting to see and hear a reflex vs horn system   

Yes Midus, variety a di spice of life. I personally don't have a problem with goverment bringing 6 doubles. If dat a weh dem use dats fine, all mi a seh is 12 x 18" wid 2 x 10k amp should mash up 4 x 18" big time. but it didnt. an even tho the sub did heavy up close whem yu move to de midle a di hall it drop weh big time.
Sun Sun Sun
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 5:28pm
All sounds did well 

looked at all stack and see nothing wrong with goverment's set-up, we should know the different between a reflex, so called high bass or mid bass and a scoop. 

so what's the problem? stop counter boxes and come out and Enjoy the Evening Events

And thanks to the sounds that make the effort to come out and play some music.

You guys are so hard to please!

You guys would cut sound in bits and pieces Cry
yardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 1:11am
Yes I Lets Just Enjoy The Biggest Event For Pure Sound System In The World Right Now. Just One Thing I would Love To Know A Part From This WaxHead Man.These Man Them That Say Thing That Upset Some Of Them Sound mens     Do They Have Their Own Sets.plus If You Notice Av Aint Saying Anything. So Why Not Leave IT To Them.  
pullup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pullup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 8:44am
Urm...... Not sure where you where standing, but them fanes where hitting everywhere in the big venue, most surprisly they where hitting outside
solartony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solartony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 10:08am
WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS WATCH THIS SPACE AS WEH COMIN UP FROM DEH SOUTHWEST WITH THE LIGWA EARTHSHAKER RIG  POWERED BY SUNSHINE TEH CLASH DEH BABYLON GRID SYSTEM.

I ONLY HOPE AND PRAY DAT WE GET NUFF GUIDANCE FROM THE VETERAN SOUNDS TO PUT US ON DEH RIGHT PATH 4X LIGWA EARTHSHAKERS  WITH THE POWER OF THE CREATOR (AND GUIDANCE FROM DEH MAN HIMSELF MR LIGWA BIGUPS ALF )

WE ARE BUILDING FROM DEH BOTTOM UP AND WILL BE PLAYING TUNES IN MID APRIL TO EARLY MARCH  BLESSINGS AND RASPEK TO ONE AND ALL AND KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN FEH

ECO EARTHSHAKER SOLAR RIG WEH COME SOON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678