Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RICE & PEAS NOVEMBER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by riceandpeas check riceandpeas check wrote:

Yes Everyone The Time        Has Come  For This Big Sounds Line Up Show Down. I Hope Goverment Sound Are Ok Coming Back From Devon On The Motorway. Guys Dont Forget To Bring Your Five Pin Plug For The  big         3Phase Supply. We Hope To See you All. AV.   

They have 3PH-32A in there !?

http://www.www8-hp.com/uk/en/images/HP_3Phase_Plug_tcm_183_1198184.png
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
hi top View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi top Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:53am
really nice session however I mus make a point that when man has clearly built his sound from scratch and u can see the blood sweat and tears that has been put into it u can't come with ur Yama'nahs' and interrupt man during his set. U earn respect by gaining it!
mr.dubz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.dubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:11am
ah true Clap
riceandpeas check View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riceandpeas check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:42am
Thanks To All Four Sounds That Came And Done A Gd Job. And We Have To Say Big Up Goverment Sound For Driving All The Way From Devon Four Hours Drive To Come. After A Busy Weekend Playing From One End Of The Country To The Other.And Thanks To All The Support ers. And Bigup The Sweet Boys Sound Studio One In The Place And Bless Up The Late But Great Suger Minot Crew Youthman Promotion Sound As Well Prento Youth Etc.One More Thing Guys Y is It So Hard To Work With Some Big Man. Pl The Smoking Thing We All Know You Cant Smoke In Any Building It IS A Rule By Law. We Have Put Up signs And Over The Mic Pl This Have To Stop Its Things Like These That Will Mash Up The S Check. Thanks From The AVP Team. 
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 10:03am
I came down for a few hours early in the night, mostly to see touch above play. All sounds very different and all good in there own way. 

government sounded clear and heavy and for me were probably the nicest sound to listen to. The subs were firing proper and were shaking the floor up, and the mid-tops were clear and loud with the least audible distortion of any of the sounds playing. To me there seemed to be a little missing in the the upper bass, maybe 100hz to 250hz but it might have been the music. Mic man was more restrained since last time i heard them! Respect for the long journey and great sound.

Touch above were also great once they got the sound running (about an hour late). those ASS scoops were putting out serious amounts of sub and with only 4 drivers they were making massive noise. The overall balance of the sound was probably the best for me but their mids seemed to have distortion and intelligibility was not as good as government or entebbe. Was loving the selection from touch above. A lot of amps in their control tower, all looked home made. Was it one amp per cabinet?

Entebbe surprised me once their sound was tuned up. The boxes are seriously oldskool and they had half as many as everyone else. The bass section was awesome, although not as loud as touch above or government, it was a nice sound, warm and well balanced and exactly how i like to listen to roots music. The mid-tops were variable. At times their mid-top was sweet and clear, but when they overdid the sizzle it was one of the worst noises I've ever had to endure. When the tops started distorting I could feel my ears crying. Their music selection was also great.

Tsunami seemed to play half a round before frying something. no music from them for the rest of the time i was there. The bass bins seemed to be struggling hard. those eminence drivers have never been very good, and the yamaha boxes look far too small for them.

Thanks to all sounds for the music.

me so horny, me love you long throw.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 11:31am
973 mile road trip, well worth every mile Thumbs Up Nuff respect to AV Promotion for the true soundsystem culture Clap

Entebbe, Touch Above & Tsunami, Big up cause "uno" is real soundmen, respect.............

Shout out to Mostec for last minute surgery on the Pre amp as soon as we touched down in London "we lost our mid section in the West Country 10mins before the end of the session LOL" Its comming back this week for a full health check bro LOL

Respect all soundsystem fans, I'll post up some pics when camera get find in wire box..............

Respect.............. Big smile

Edited by Gee136 - 26 November 2012 at 11:32am
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
ReubGold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReubGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:41pm
Greetings to promoter and all sound who play.

This only my 2nd rice n peas,  last one  was when APS play, so expect similar standard, very disappointed this time.

Tsunami sound struggle at first, then no bass, then playing some funny selection,And a play in same dance as Touch Above?
Entebbe had good music, and ok mid tops, but them old box need upgrade, not todays standard really.
Government sound - Some nice tune, but no low mids & no kick drum frequencies so mic sound not too good, and mid tops sound thin. So that mean sound  use  6x box or 12x 18" speaker on sub, when is supposed to be 4x box. A  mockery ting dat, no wonder them almost blow up the mains and bruk down. Promoter????
Touch Above - mid tops too loud most of night, but them 4x scoop impress me plenty more than the 10 thousand box Government use.
If he turns me into a zombie, first person I'm coming after is you.
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:03pm
Thanks to AV promotions on your works keep it up... Thanks to all sounds for taking part all different but all sounds in their own way. Thanks to Touch Above for giving my Matrix 7000's a good work out on the scoops. Was nice to have them back in one piece... !

Dave FFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave FFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:10pm
A great night out and lovely to see my old friend Carlton from Entebbe who i sat next to at BSS Audio all those years building omnidrives, 960's, 360's etc - fantastic music mate as ever and took me back to the Thursday night dub club in Finsbury park, great to hear Gav Goverment for the first time and massive respect for drivng the system all the way from Preston town - serious dedication! really good to meet you again Edward and certainly a good performance from your amps. Those Celestions are freightening and just love power up em!
pullup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pullup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:25pm
Well done AV, great session of soundsytem vibes

4 different sounds all playing well with what they had, heaviest set was Goverment with 6 doubles, Touch Above 2nd heaviest, 3rd heaviest Entebbe traditional 80's sound, Tsunami had technicals, good selection played, very nice vibes from all involved   

Suprise for me was the sub pressure from Goverment doubles, never heard that before!! Well done all involve.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:44pm
Anyone know why Government had to lock off?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Jahlive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahlive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ReubGold ReubGold wrote:

Greetings to promoter and all sound who play.

This only my 2nd rice n peas,  last one  was when APS play, so expect similar standard, very disappointed this time.

Tsunami sound struggle at first, then no bass, then playing some funny selection,And a play in same dance as Touch Above?
Entebbe had good music, and ok mid tops, but them old box need upgrade, not todays standard really.
Government sound - Some nice tune, but no low mids & no kick drum frequencies so mic sound not too good, and mid tops sound thin. So that mean sound  use  6x box or 12x 18" speaker on sub, when is supposed to be 4x box. A  mockery ting dat, no wonder them almost blow up the mains and bruk down. Promoter????
Touch Above - mid tops too loud most of night, but them 4x scoop impress me plenty more than the 10 thousand box Government use.

Government has to cheat to keep up so I don't rate them Agreed 4 box is 4 box 6 box a 6 touch above smashed it for me for bass mids were too loud for true entebbe for selection tsunami needs to upgrade EVERYTHING ! Big up promoter better vibes than the other soundcheck for me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>