Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RICE & PEAS NOVEMBER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by mooreb mooreb wrote:

What I want to know is everytime a sound plays anything different from Dub and Roots at R&P or GP then someone states its a "odd" or "funny" selection. Why?
If they don't play Dub or Roots then so what, sometimes its nice to hear something different.

Big up all the sounds that were at R&P, stay Blessed

In my experience when sounds start playing rub a dub or dancehall, it leads to sound bwoy dubs about nothing but sound name being mentioned, and that "usually" activates my "ready to go home" LED.

Roots & Dub really shows if the machines have any "irish moss" in their amp & subs. LOL

I hear you Ray, but as we both heard that didn't stop the sounds at R&P from playing dubplates and they were playing roots & Dub!

I'm not saying they should play dancehall (unless its old school) and i don't really like the upto date ragga (too much slackness and gun talk!).
I do feel It would be nice to hear something different (revives, reggae) as I have tried to promote these things as I feel they are a postive thing in our community but a lot of the people I bring are not into the "same riddim for 15 minute thing" and so don't want to come back (although they love the sound systems).
It is nice to hear 4 big sounds play in one venue but It would be REALLY nice to hear something other than roots!

P.S. It might even attract a few ladies to even things up a bit! 

Edited by mooreb - 28 November 2012 at 3:33pm
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:24pm

I hear you Ray, but as we both heard that didn't stop the sounds at R&P from playing dubplates and they were playing roots & Dub!

I'm not saying they should play dancehall (unless its old school) and i don't really like the upto date ragga (too much slackness and gun talk!).
I do feel It would be nice to hear something different (revives, reggae) as I have tried to promote these things as I feel they are a postive thing in our community but a lot of the people I bring are not into the "same riddim for 15 minute thing" and so don't want to come back (although they love the sound systems).
It is nice to hear 4 big sounds play in one venue but It would be REALLY nice to hear something other than roots!

P.S. It might even attract a few ladies to even things up a bit! 

Even though I enjoyed the Showcase/TA/Bushmaster "special" clash at Soundcheck, Roots & Dub "plates" usually means heavy sub and "kriss" tops, and the machines competing.

Personally enjoy this much more.

Certain Roots sounds like Government, Iration, TA, Entebbe  have "specials mentioning their name", but also plenty weight and tops.

My ting 'dat. LOL

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
yardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:39pm
yes King I think Its True. I was There Sunday And It Was Nice A Big Turnout Again And I loved The Serious B Line From Govenor sound And Touch Above.All Four Done Well And The Food Is Wicked.But Any Sound That Pays Hes money Should Be Able To Play What They Want.But I Have To Say All The Ladys That Was There And Couple Of Man Them Was Saying That It Is Boring. Just Look At Last Month One People Was Dance in And Much More Vibes I Notice You Get More People Danceing And Vibes When The Sounds Mix Up Than Playing Pure Roots Music. Check This There are Always Some Nice Decent Ladys At AV And They Would Cum Back Maybe Even With Their Friends. So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.
mooreb View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by yardman yardman wrote:

yes King I think Its True. I was There Sunday And It Was Nice A Big Turnout Again And I loved The Serious B Line From Govenor sound And Touch Above.All Four Done Well And The Food Is Wicked.But Any Sound That Pays Hes money Should Be Able To Play What They Want.But I Have To Say All The Ladys That Was There And Couple Of Man Them Was Saying That It Is Boring. Just Look At Last Month One People Was Dance in And Much More Vibes I Notice You Get More People Danceing And Vibes When The Sounds Mix Up Than Playing Pure Roots Music. Check This There are Always Some Nice Decent Ladys At AV And They Would Cum Back Maybe Even With Their Friends. So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.
1+
You open up yourself for a bigger audience with a bigger choice of music.
I feel they should mix it up!
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:46pm

So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.

+1

That would be perfect in my books. Clap

Old time Roots & Culture, 80s/90s dancehall/Modern Digital Dub rounds, sure plenty ladies would be feeling that.

Then in each round, each sound and show off them skills. Clap

mooreb View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:48pm

So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.

+1

Old time Roots & Culture, 80s/90s dancehall/Modern Digital Dub rounds, sure plenty ladies would be feeling that.

See now we're talking, weather the sounds will do it is another thing! Smile
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:51pm

+1

If Promoter governs the thing, and states which music is to be played each round, and each sound plays accordingly, can't fail.. Worst thing is one sound playing heavy roots, then next sound playing rub a dub.

'Dat 'cyan 'wurk. LOL

Edited by levyte357- - 28 November 2012 at 6:51pm
mooreb View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 7:03pm

+1

If Promoter governs the thing, and states which music is to be played each round, and each sound plays accordingly, can't fail.. Worst thing is one sound playing heavy roots, then next sound playing rub a dub.

'Dat 'cyan 'wurk. LOL

The other thing I think is it should be a "time thing" where every sound has 15 mins say, this would stop the arguments over how much tunes or cuts of tunes one sound plays 
I think if they did that along with what you said above yardman then the attendance would go through the roof!
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Audio Drop of the session "8pm to the end"

http://www.mediafire.com/?a3ysv93uvkm2a

Respect................ Big smile

Star Thumbs Up
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 8:49am
Touch Above Sound

Entebbe "rasta chanter" Sound

Tsunami "Soundwave" Sound

Goverment "weight & treble" Machine

Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
ras i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ras i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 12:42pm
I thought these soundchecks were meant to be 4 x SUB BASS BOX events!!!???

Even though I still think that should mean 4 x speakers no matter what box, I can accept a man using 3 x doubles which is 6 x drivers, or 4 x doubles seeing that is still 4 box. BUT 6 x DOUBLES ON SUB (12 x 18" BASS)???? Thats taking the P***!!

12 x 18" on SUB!! in that venue!! The builders should be in there the next morning!!!

Edited by ras i - 30 November 2012 at 12:54pm
Sun Sun Sun
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

I thought these soundchecks were meant to be 4 x SUB BASS BOX events!!!???

Even though I still think that should mean 4 x speakers no matter what box, I can accept a man using 3 x doubles which is 6 x drivers, or 4 x doubles seeing that is still 4 box. BUT 6 x DOUBLES ON SUB (12 x 18" BASS)???? Thats taking the P***!!

Ermm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>