Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 8 prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:26pm
Question is, in what way is '8 technically superior to '7 ?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:30pm
Dunno Lev, not got that far into into it yet. But so far everything seems to work and work very quickly. There's just no 'clunkyness', if you see what I mean.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 6:58am
I thought the whole point of 8 vs 7 was that 8 is able to do everything 7 can but is way less memory hungry so it would be able to run on the reduced power thats going into tablets and phones which is why its all built around touch screen stuff.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 11:15am
Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

I thought the whole point of 8 vs 7 was that 8 is able to do everything 7 can but is way less memory hungry so it would be able to run on the reduced power thats going into tablets and phones which is why its all built around touch screen stuff.

Well, '8 is a long way off for me.

Moving all my family up to '7 Ultimate x32/x64 and they love it, with plenty ram & fast CPU/HD.

mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Just been to Comet and grabbed a copy of Windows 8 Pro for £25! If you need a copy it might be worth popping along to Comet before they sell out and shut down for good.

Mind you it's the first time I've ever payed for an OS and I feel slightly dirty now.Big smile
50p here......a copy of course
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 1:06pm
I take it you're still over there then Mykey!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 2:06pm
You should see how fast 2kPro runs on the latest PCs.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 11:58am
Just upgraded my Samsung Netbook from Win7* to XP and it now flies and runs all the programs that I need to on the little thing. I do like 7 though on suitable hardware.

* It never had the resources to run 7 correctly.

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 10 December 2012 at 11:59am
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Just upgraded my Samsung Netbook from Win7* to XP and it now flies and runs all the programs that I need to on the little thing. I do like 7 though on suitable hardware.

* It never had the resources to run 7 correctly.

Tony

On PCs, as long as the hardware supports Core2Duo/Core2Quad, DDR3, SATA II, you can load it up very cheaply and fly '7.

For laptops, IMHO, min spec is Core2Duo 2.0ghz, 4GB DDRII, SATA HD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12