Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF DANCE - 6 JAN 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Marvin Marvin wrote:

I was pleased to see such a big turn out for the beginning of the year big up the promotion team Motion 54.

My visit last night was very brief as i was on call but i got to hear each sound and they all had their -/ + points. I dont come from a roots background and i am new to that style of music. So i was more listening to the qulaity of each system, clarity of microphone and presentation and who i would book in terms as a result from the sound system sound off.

All systems presentation were tidy. I would book each sound depending on venue and clientele. Ebony Showcase and motion 54 systems are not in your face, smart appearance and good quality. Qualitex has the daddy appearence. Money well spent and attention to detail, Hawkeye kept it real with the classic older style look but still tidy. Only positive comments/ criticism depending on how you take it.

clearest mic i would say Hawkeye
best controlled bass- Qualitex
best sounding tonal bass -Motion 54
best Controlled sound- Ebony (one track bass sounded over driven but you quickly brought that under control)
best overall tone- Qualitex (although some were a bit unpleasant to the ear due to excessive level)

All in all i had a good time saw a few faces i havent seen for a while. I would like to hear Ebony with more tops, Motion 54 with their new amp configurations sorted out as i have heard them sounding better in mid and high section. Qualitex very nice sounding new system,, would really have like to hear some more lower notes produced from lev& 52 scoop combo. Hawkeye playing within his linits and not pushing system to hard.

+1 to all of that.

Big-up to Motion 54, and all crews who took part, and crowd who attended.

Would say the final digital dub Kutty played gave better "preview" of what Lev .44 will do with PD1852 (And '50/'51), next time, when combo is tuned to play warmer, rounder, deeper.

Watch this space for next encounter. Wink

Edited by levyte357- - 07 January 2013 at 12:53pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
pullup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pullup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 2:22pm
Very good session, I had a great time, well done all involved  Clap

Good soundsystems doing a great job, Quailtex the heaviest out of the bunch, not playing deep, but heavy enough Thumbs Up

Hawkeye for me had the balance, mids abit loud @ times but well balance system Thumbs Up

Motion 54 & Ebony Showcase good sets & good banter Thumbs Up

I must say to have a system @ that level you've got have dubplates to showcase what your systems is about guys.............

Great session anyway.
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 7:11pm
not a lot to add to what has already been mentioned,

wicked session, not lacking on the entertainment value and banter...

motion54 hitting some deeeeeep notes Clap - nicest bass for me once it was tuned up. wanted you to carry on playing so could listen to more of it. 

was impressed by hawkeye scoops as well... 

qualitex very loud 

edit: spelling

Edited by SBC - 07 January 2013 at 7:15pm
F.T.S.S.
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 8:34pm
excellent dance, entertainment factor was wicked, all done really well
all sounds sounded good in there own way n done a very good job
big up motion crew n happy new year everybody

Clap Thumbs Up Star
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 11:19pm
We would like to give thanks to the opportunity to play alongside Qualitex, Hawkeye and Ebony!
A lively and fun night for us.
We enjoyed every minute.
We hope to put on more like this for the future.

There's been a lot of bad press about the ASS RX18DC scoop and 1851 driver since their release.
I hope we put a few to rest!!!!
Not saying our set was nowhere near perfect - a few things to iron out here and there but we are happy with it.

We loved the majority of the selection throughout the night from all sounds including the killer Viceroy Special, Qualitex did fling on us!!!!
Biggup Ebony for playing the Soul tune (I assume) for the female attendees!!

Nuff respeck to Clive the cameraman.
Top quality DVD to be released shortly.

A big thanks to all who attended this event. I hope you got your money's worth!!!

A special shout to Mode3, Arthur and Ebony because without their passion and creative minds towards soundsystem culture, there wouldn't be no Soundsystem Sound-Off!!!
Blessed!!!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

We would like to give thanks to the opportunity to play alongside Qualitex, Hawkeye and Ebony!
A lively and fun night for us.
We enjoyed every minute.
We hope to put on more like this for the future.

There's been a lot of bad press about the ASS RX18DC scoop and 1851 driver since their release.
Not saying our set was nowhere near perfect - a few things to iron out here and there but we are happy with it.

We loved the majority of the selection throughout the night from all sounds including the killer Viceroy Special, Qualitex did fling on us!!!!

Nuff respeck to Clive the cameraman.
Top quality DVD to be released shortly.

A big thanks to all who attended this event. I hope you got your money's worth!!!

A special shout to Mode3, Arthur and Ebony because without their passion and creative minds towards soundsystem culture, there wouldn't be no Soundsystem Sound-Off!!!
Blessed!!!

Clap

Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Biggup Ebony for playing the Soul tune (I assume) for the female attendees!!

Someone tell me say, the artist say him "love MR B", ah true dat !?

luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 7:12am
[QUOTE=Motion54]There's been a lot of bad press about the ASS RX18DC scoop and 1851 driver since their release.
QUOTE]
yes 1851 played very nice. sub flowed, gd spl but didnt sound pushed or forced like how 50s can sound, was warm and round Thumbs Up a very nice sounding speaker, was worth the travel just to hear that one sipacup tune Big smile
MotioN54SOLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotioN54SOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 12:31pm
yess man massive respeckk to HAWKEYE,EBONY SHOWCASE and the QUALITEX SQUAD , gotta say the best event in Golden Palace (my personal opinion) waiting for the dust to settle after The Viceroys "cough cough" the main thing is YOU the patrons got entertained and dubplate ah fly right & left heh heh hopefully February 3rd it will grow more gotta ........massive shout to my guv'nor general T Dubs bredjrin fi life...!!!!!
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

yess man massive respeckk to HAWKEYE,EBONY SHOWCASE and the QUALITEX SQUAD , gotta say the best event in Golden Palace (my personal opinion) waiting for the dust to settle after The Viceroys "cough cough" the main thing is YOU the patrons got entertained and dubplate ah fly right & left heh heh hopefully February 3rd it will grow more gotta ........massive shout to my guv'nor general T Dubs bredjrin fi life...!!!!!

Thanks to Motion 54 for giving us the opportunity to play with the big guns Qualitex & Hawkeye. Was a good learning experience. Not really our style of playing but was enjoyable all the same. As for the Omar tune Mr Levyte... I can give you his number to call and he can send you the exact lyrics for clarification..... Big up Motion 54 more for 2013 please
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Showcase Showcase wrote:

As for the Omar tune Mr Levyte... I can give you his number to call and he can send you the exact lyrics for clarification..... Big up Motion 54 more for 2013 please

Just bantering you guv.. LOL

Takes a big man 'fi 'go 'stan up with Qualitex & Hawkeye.. Shocked

Edited by levyte357- - 08 January 2013 at 5:53pm
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 9:19pm
few pics from sunday..sorry bout the blurry ones had trouble with my battery.Embarrassed

Motion 54

Hawkeye

[

Ebony

Qualitex

and..........

QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 11:08pm
Wow!! Just about recovered from Sunday.
Big Up to Motion 54 Crew for arranging this session. very enjoyable night for real! Nuff respect to Hawkeye, Motion and Ebony for not putting us back on the country busLOL

No really, big respek to all the sounds for making this one of, if not. The Best! event so far at GP.ClapClapClapClap. Wicked way to start of 2013.

I know we can't please everyone all the time and that the style of music played mostly was not to everyones taste but I'm sure you were entertained at some point by one of the sounds even if it was only one tuneWink, but from the response of the crowd and comments after, the larger part of the crowd were happy. We know there will always be a disgruntled one or two, but I'm sure Motion will make sure all those get covered over the coming months Thumbs Up

Respect also to all that gave us feedback and comments, we take it all as positive as there is always room for improvement.

Blessings to all SP crew, and all soundmen in attendance, too much to mention.ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Hope to see you all at Ligwa's 50th on the 27th and then again on the 3rd Feb and 3rd March.

Ps. anyone got a room for rent in north london? All this travelling is killing meOuch

"Music is life"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>