Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laserworld Lasers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:45pm
Meanwhile.... 5 years later....

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

Everything has gone miniature solid state and dropped to tuppence/watt
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Originally posted by James James wrote:

Everything has gone miniature solid state and dropped to tuppence/watt

If I can lean on your experience again then, (and since his has been dragged up again lol! LOL) if you were shopping nowadays for something in a similar senario where would you be looking? Any recommendations?

K
palinopsic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palinopsic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 4:07pm
I just came across this thread while doing some research on brands.

Those Golden Star systems look like a great value if they live up to their specs.
Couldn't find the ones you linked to as the models have been updated, but I'm looking at these two:

http://goldenstarlaser.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=81_85&product_id=285
http://goldenstarlaser.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=81&product_id=475

It's my first time getting into the laser game so I'm trying to read up as much as possible. A lot of people say Kvent is really good, but it's a little out of my price range. I'm looking to spend around $1k-$1.4k

My purpose:
I do live performance with oscilloscope through a camera into projector. Looking to up the resolution and contrast so I'm turning to lasers.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I'm located in Thailand so I suppose shipping from China is going to be cheapest for me.

Edited by palinopsic - 03 September 2018 at 4:32pm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:10pm
My advice is to probably ask the same question on photonlexicon forum
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2019 at 1:41pm
Not laserworld but similar- I just got one of these (different brand name but identical laser), kinda shop soiled but new off a mate who imports them directly for his trampoline park installs:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LKH-3000mW-RGB-All-Diode-Laser-Light-Show-Projector-ILDA-DMX-SD-/113051726710

It was £400 with a flight case. Couldn't say no. I know its a china special but I used it in a 100ft by 50ft by 30ft warehouse rave a few weeks ago and if anything it was too powerful. The beams were chunking even with minimal smoke. I had it over 3m up and angle it upwards a bit too as I was paranoid about peoples eyes. Was all good though, very impressed with the display it put on even just music activated. Will try and upload some pics and a video

Edited by charlysays - 23 January 2019 at 1:44pm
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 9:36pm
Back in the 90's we would regularly do shows with 2 x 150mW argons. That was plenty in a lot of clubs and smaller warehouses.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12