Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boominator MINI (development thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
arnymatfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnymatfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by apranger apranger wrote:

Many years ago I planned to build a Boominator and so I snagged 4 of the Aura NS 525s.  Life intervened, and I never built it.  The speakers are still in plastic, though!

I understand they are hard to find, so rather than throwing them into the bin, I'd rather they go to a happier hobbiest home.  Any thread watchers interested?  I'm not interested in getting any money for them, just enough to cover shipping which I wouldn't expect to be very high.

Hi apranger, that sure sounds awesome! Where are you located though? So we can figure out if shipping them makes any sense.

Greetings
apranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 3:36pm
Oh, of course - I'm in the USA / Oregon / 97212 zip code for anyone estimating shipping.
arnymatfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnymatfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 8:23am
Damn, I am located in Europe, so it's probably more reasonable to wait and see if someone from the US is interested as well.
93perezk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93perezk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 12:16am

Oh, of course - I'm in the USA / Oregon / 97212 zip code for anyone estimating shipping.

Hello apranger, I'm very interested in build myself a mini boominator based on that drivers, I'm located in New York 11432 and I would love to have them
apranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2020 at 5:11am
Originally posted by 93perezk 93perezk wrote:

Hello apranger, I'm very interested in build myself a mini boominator based on that drivers, I'm located in New York 11432 and I would love to have them
I can't seem to figure out how to send you a PM but they are all yours if we can figure out a way to trade contact info.
93perezk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93perezk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2020 at 1:39pm
I dont know if this would show up but this is my fb  so you may be able to contact me on here https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009465181713
Another option is you look on insta.... and look for: kerwin boombox 

Edited by 93perezk - 26 February 2020 at 1:40pm
apranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2020 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by 93perezk 93perezk wrote:

I dont know if this would show up but this is my fb  so you may be able to contact me on here https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009465181713
Another option is you look on insta.... and look for: kerwin boombox 

Sent you a FB message...  Hope you get it!
Tafse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tafse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2020 at 1:58pm
Hi, anyone with a little more insight mind looking over my calculations for my mini?
Did I have the noctua ND 140-8 and ND16FA-6. 
I found the volum needed to be 0.36ft^3= 10194cm^3
I made the lenght of the system 813 cm, and the width 182 cm. I made this case as a kind of practice, while waiting for Saturnus to finish his development. As that may never happen, I might as well finalize itwith my own measurements or sell of the parts. I have made the cuts and everything, but did as I said this was only going to be practice so it's not especially nice.
Anyone have any inputs?
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 8:09am
You sure you have your units correct? Looks like should be Mm not cm? 

Otherwise it's 8 meters long,  which is 26 feet long. If it is, can we have pics please?
puzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 12:37pm
Hi

Been looking and trying to understand a topic i dont really understand. Been reading hundreds of pages picking up tips and taking notes.

But as aways have a few questions i cant get my head around.

I want to build a Boominiator Micro and during the time from reading and deciding to go ahead the MaxAmp20 is no longer available, unless i missed somthing. I read that no more than a 15w amp per channel should be used.

The mini uses a filter on each channel of the amp going to the four drivers on each side. On the diagram dipicting the micro it has a filter going to just the one set of the drivers.

1-Does the micro require two filters, each filter to its own set of drivers, front and back, on each channel of a stereo/dual amp. I would have thought it would have a mono amp and one filter going to all four drivers.

2-what would be a good amp to use on the micro, or a source of the maxamp

Be great of someone could help clear this up for me

thanks
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 8:35pm
When you say the 'micro' are you referring to the SP-60 design?  If so I would skip it.  It turns out it didn't sound very good.  Sere the discussion starting around here:  https://forum.speakerplans.com/boominator-mini-development-thread_topic74610_page68.html

If you are in the USA and are interested in building the original mini I could easily kit one up with NS6 drivers, Mini amp, a partial case (just missing front and rear baffles) and probably some cross over parts too.

The first mini I build has been going strong for 6+ years and sounds great.  My son uses it all the time.

Anyhow I need to do a bit of house keeping because will be moving for my job and that is causing me to re-evaluate what I want to keep.   I have 30 of the drivers and would be willing to part with a few sets. 

Send me an email at aterren @ google's mail service if interested and we can try to work something out.

Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2020 at 8:37pm
Also you may find the Boominator Digest of some interest:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102>