Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boominator MINI (development thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 102>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nikolajbrinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 8:29am
Hi Steffen, I live in København, Østerbro (Kartoffelrækkerne), how close are you?
steffen2911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffen2911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 8:52am
I live in Lemvig but Ganon lives in Roskilde. Do you have an acount on festivalanlaeg.dk?
It would be a bit easier to diskuss shipping and money transfer in there.
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 9:20am
Originally posted by steffen2911 steffen2911 wrote:

I'm with you Nikolaj, but i do not see why we should not just ship it in one Big box. This could really save us some money.
Where do you live in Denmark? Ganon or i could be living right beside you

+1
dextrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dextrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 9:39am
Netherlands would have been great :D I guess shipping a small box on to Germany would have been more feasible then. Added shipping to Ge makes it prohibitve for me.

Cheers,

Robin
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 12:39pm
Ganon: Sorry to hear about the landlord issues.   That's really a bummer.    

I would prefer to do bulk shipping and that is what I assumed but I used the Accusafe address as it was publicly available and at the late hour I've been doing this it didn't register that the country was wrong.  Ouch.  

Could you guys PM me your address in Denmark? I'll run the numbers to ship a package of 4 and 8 and 12 drivers directly to you. 

Robin - PM me your address and I'll run the costs for you too but I am only willing to sell 12 drivers so we may have 4 players.  We will need to work that out.

Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 12:47pm
There should be a adress in your pm now.
ovaldezkep2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovaldezkep2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 4:14pm
Hello Aterren,

I am still interested myself if other people could not buy the set at the moment. Or is this offer only for the group from Denmark? Please let me know.

Thank you,

ovaldezkep2
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 1:38am
PM sent

Originally posted by ovaldezkep2 ovaldezkep2 wrote:

Hello Aterren,

I am still interested myself if other people could not buy the set at the moment. Or is this offer only for the group from Denmark? Please let me know.

Thank you,

ovaldezkep2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 9:30pm
Dear Aterren,

Thank you for sourcing NS6 drivers and all the other stuff for the Mini Build.

I'm about to order wood (found the SketchUp drawings).
The drawings deals with 0.5mm size, I guess that is unimportant? The cabinet size would be 200x700mm as far as I can see (and I don't really get the 699.5mm odd size / or the 182.5mm size).
One post deals with the bask and front could be 12mm wood in stead of 9mm, as it would fit, and improve stiffness (just as on the Monacor version).
Would it be better to make it from 12mm?

One last thing. The Monacor I built used the MaxAmp, and it sounds great. Will that also work here, or what would the preferred Amp be?
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 5:59am
Hi!   My NS6 build was all 9mm and it worked out perfect.   It is rock solid.  I would have not concern about using it as a step stool and I don't think you will gain anything by a thicker baffles.   They probably were not needed for the Monacor build either but the original design used 6mm ply and Saturnus simply used two layers to avoid the need to buy another size material.

The MaxAmp will work fine.   I used it in mine for quite some time.   I spent a lot more money on another amp and I couldn't see an obvious difference though if I am honest, I didn't do a lot of critical listening either.
chemacky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemacky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2016 at 11:52pm
http://store3.sure-electronics.com/audio/all-in-one-audio-amplifier/jab-portable-bluetooth-speaker

Has anyone seen these "all-in-one" amps with bluetooth, battery protection + more?

For the uninitiated, they seem like the perfect solution for something like a boominator. Can someone who actually knows what they're talking about let me know what they think? Would you consider using one for a boominator? If not, why?

It seems like it might require a pretty high voltage to get the full say 30W for the 30W amp, but I'm struggling to find the proper information there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikolajbrinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 10:32pm
Hi, building a mini using the Aurasound NS6. The rubber ring on the driver is, that to be removed, or stay on the driver? I read something about when mounting a grill in front the rubber ring should be taken off, but maybe that was a rubber ring on the grill?
I'm a little confused, so if somebody knows this, please advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 102>