Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Screen of Death!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Screen of Death!!!
    Posted: 22 December 2012 at 11:39pm
GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! More troubles with my brand new laptop...!!!

So, I have Traktor Pro 2 installed on my laptop and have been running it fine for about a week but now when ever Traktor trys to communicate with my Kontrol S4 I get the CensoredCensoredCensored blue screen of Censored death. I can run Traktor just fine if the S4 is not plugged in OR I can have the S4 plugged in without Traktor running. As soon as I have them both trying to work together, BOOM. BSOD... I have uninstalled every Native-Instruments program on my machine (drivers, Traktor, etc.) and reinstalled them all with no better results. Someone please help before I loose my mind. Thanks

Windows 7 btw...
Make it loud!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2012 at 11:54pm
can you install and run the hardware you have and software you have on another pc and it all work fine?

is the controller usb powered?

BSOD are 9 times out of ten driver problems... are you using the latest drivers?

...failing all this did you buy the damn'd laptop from pc-world?... if so its your own bloody fault lol

(just kidding on the last line there....)

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:01am
Yes I forgot to add that it runs just fine on my desktop. I was nearly positive it was a driver problem as you mentioned but I re installed them twice with no luck.
Make it loud!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:15am
so the same drivers you used on the desktop are the self same drivers you used on the laptop?

as i said is the controller bus powered?
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:37am
Yes I am pretty sure they are the drivers. And Yes I am running it off bus power. I have a power supply somewhere, will that make any difference? :s
Make it loud!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:42am
you'd be surprised... had a mate runnign all sorts off a laptops bus (3 ports... fan.... mini mixer...) the power draw kept blue screening him. bought him a powered hub and it never did it again.

try it with the psu and download the absolutly latest drivers.. and... AND... i cant spellz lol
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:47am
Just tried it running off of its power supply aaaaaaaaaaaand........ still crashes... Angry
Make it loud!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 12:56am
ok, so that rules out that...

latest drivers?.... 

is your desktop running XP/7/8?

tried a different USB port?.......... just trying to rule as much out as i can here....

Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 1:22am
I tried two different ports with no luck but it worked on the third port. Thanks for all your help mini-mad!
Make it loud!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 1:44am
there you go... it was a driver problem... your usb drivers for those two ports! no probs.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 9:52am
The Vinyl ghost

it's payback time
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

The Vinyl ghost

it's payback time

lol.... ghost of Xmas past! lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>