Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ipod and computers.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ipod and computers.
    Posted: 06 January 2013 at 7:50pm
I want to use my three year old but brand new 160 Gb iPod which has just sat in its box for three years since I got it. It seems the best way to carry quite a few albums with me to listen to in the office and the car. I need advice as to the best way of getting music onto it without having to use itunes. I hate anything with a low bit rate and want to avoid itunes and MP3 like the plague. I am told there is far better software to store music and get it on the ipod but what? I have both PC and Mac Pro to use, whichever is best. I have a large vinyl and CD collection and don't intend doing any downloading, the only music on the computer will be the stuff I want to put on the ipod for listening to in the car. So who knows about this stuff and what is the best (highest quality) way of doing things? 
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2013 at 8:48pm
Not saying that it is the best, but if you put hi bit rate wav files into itunes it will not convert them to low bit rate MP3s unless you have your import settings in preferences set to do so.  My iTunes is full of better than cd quality wavs.  You will run out of memory on your ipod rather quickly, but the newish ipods will also hold whatever soundfile type you load in.  -edit - except flac I think.

Edited by b grade - 06 January 2013 at 8:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply