Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

b&o

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no1djchaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: b&o
    Posted: 02 February 2013 at 12:46am
got a friend whos having a house install by b&o, probably costing silly money. wondering if their kit is actually any good or not? he wants a cinema room rigging up at a later date. do i tell him not to bother with them or what? looking out for a mate so he doesnt get his arse spanked
they say rome wasnt built in a day? thats because i wasnt on the job
el_dj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el_dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 12:49am
medium to semi high audio quality. very high quality finish and design.
Old twat, with an interest in light & sound

no1djchaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no1djchaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 1:06am
yes the kit looks nice and also sounds nice, im sceptical that for the money involved that a cinema room could be made a lot better for less money. dont think size is an issue. he was quoted £7k to upgrade a 12k tv to hd which imo is a joke
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 8:11am
It's alright. If you mention B&O to HIFI geeks they'll tell you to get on ya B&O boat
B.P.Sound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.P.Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 8:20am
The amp modulles in my RCF D-Line are made by B&O and my main Hi-Fi and 2nd T.V. Love the stuff. Very well made and great sound but not for Hi-Fi Nutters.........
http://www.londoneventrentals.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/LondonEventRentals
no1djchaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no1djchaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:26am
it does seem good quality and good sound, does it warrant the price tag though? 7 grand to make a tv hd seems bonkers
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:43am
I think you'll find that most people will tell you, this stuff is overpriced. It's made for people who like to show a style that they can afford. Rather like the I phone really.
It's not total rubbish, but shop around and you'll find much that's better for a lower price.
As for B.P.'s comment that the RCF modules are made by B&O, the spec. will have been previously designated by RCF and you can bet your life they didn't pay anywhere near B&O's retail price!

Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by funkyparrot funkyparrot wrote:

I think you'll find that most people will tell you, this stuff is overpriced. It's made for people who like to show a style that they can afford. Rather like the I phone really.
It's not total rubbish, but shop around and you'll find much that's better for a lower price.
As for B.P.'s comment that the RCF modules are made by B&O, the spec. will have been previously designated by RCF and you can bet your life they didn't pay anywhere near B&O's retail price!

+1
I worked for a company many years ago that sold B & O. Way overpriced even then. Other sytlish Scandinavian TV/ Hi Fi was much cheaper and the same quality. B & O would use a Phillips VCR chassis in their video recorder and charge 3/4 times the price.

Nothing has changed. It's overpriced. There are also many home systems which are more compatible with others, sound better and cost lots less. Not to mention Hi Fi nuts will grit their teeth at the mention of B & O.
In a word.. Don't!! However as all in sound and video it is personal. Each to their own.
Billy Dawg.
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:25am
I think there is a beosystem in my shed somewhere, really should dig it out sometime..
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:33am
Get the spade out with it and dig a big hole.

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 02 February 2013 at 10:34am
Billy Dawg.
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:48am
"I think there is a beosystem in my shed somewhere, really should dig it out sometime".

What for?.... I suppose you could post a photo.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 11:14am
Yup,i suspect there may well be lots of old beosystems laying in peoples sheds and lofts.i believe it was mostly Phillips electronics in a posh case,they allways looked very impressive,very cool,but only had average audio quality at best. (when you actually got one to work).

More for interior designers than people serious about listening to music.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>