Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS System refurb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 4:51pm
Yeah, keep seeing them in the states and recone kits also.  Maybe me and Ian should book a holiday, fly drive around the states picking up all the Gauss.  Would be a good road trip, but the suitcase coming back would be nae handy. LOL
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 7:00pm
Reminds of the warning stickers JBL used to stick on the driver cardboard boxes in the 70's "Magnetic material,store away from aircraft compass".

Approve
Be seeing you.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 2:06am
Over the pond later this month capn Bushey ( oh yes I am!!!)  I will drive around and scoop (lol) them all up.

But seriously what have you tried or fried as a modern replacement? There must be a better unit available with software of a current form.

You guys are living in the past.  I would have lots of scoops with megadrivers fitted. If old Gauss and old gerbils were that good, all new gear would have them fitted. The Chinks would of copied them. There would be TV programmes about them, and I would have bought them all years ago as an investment.

Right Tony. Now get selling the drivers you have for these to the old crocs!
Billy Dawg.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

The Chinks would of copied them.

They have.They are called Soundking.

But yes,PD1550 is the new Gauss.Sounds good in just about everything.
Be seeing you.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 10:20am
" If old Gauss ... were that good, all new gear would have them fitted."

EV (Mark 4?) killed the company because they were too good.  Cry

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

The Chinks would of copied them.

They have.They are called Soundking.

But yes,PD1550 is the new Gauss.Sounds good in just about everything.

Ha haa. Sound F King ..   Line is cast... time to reel.

But seriously has anyone tried a 'new' driver, with better software (allegedly), higher power handling etc.  and produced some results?

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 03 September 2014 at 10:39am
Billy Dawg.
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 12:19pm
Trust me Mr Barnes, we have new B&C drivers for two of the bass cabs and new BMS 12S310 drivers for two of the lower mid cabs (courtesy of our much missed Mr Wilkes) and as soon as we get the chance to run them up you can bring the beers and see what you make of it. Tony W let me have the BMS drivers for a song and as he was visiting Colchester anyway even delivered them to my house probably two years ago. Anyway as they are no longer available and the neo equivalent is a silly price the 6 remaining 212 cabs will have the re released B&C 12MH32 driver. As I stated right at the beginning of this thread, the whole system, including 2 inch and 1 inch comps, will be full of brand new drivers, it's not going to be a "vintage" system but a combination of some very fine classic cabinets and 21st century transducer technology.  Should kick some ass as they say.  Smile
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 1:20pm
Well Mr. Gardner that is great news :).

An ASS system kicking ass? Well I'm sure Tony will take lots of pictures and video footage for us all to drool over. Any idea when you will have this complete and running?

Mr. JBL man. Here it is. The gauntlet is gonna be tossed down. Best you get those cabs polished up and transport laid on for this showdown. As I understand it Tony will organise the rest. 3:)

Brilliant news Lee. Well done.

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 03 September 2014 at 3:43pm
Billy Dawg.
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 1:37pm
Roadie on standby here.....
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 2:41pm
ASS face off? Awesome.Heart
music is the message
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 3:45pm
Amp meet... Boring.

Scoop challenge.. Boring

Old Vs new ASS face off... Awesome..

Followed by....Beer
Billy Dawg.
simonh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 5:07pm
An ASS Concert series sound clash, awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>