Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS System refurb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:48am
What just happened? I only started this thread to share with other mad guys the fun of refurbishing an ASS system with the original manufacturer and using new driver technology to see what we end up with.ConfusedEmbarrassedLOLWinkConfused
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Well I think in the course of great entertainment, we should carry on. Every now and then this type of thing crops up which keeps us all amused and this is definitely one of those times.

I am really looking forward to seeing how you will pull a horn off of a one piece mould that is jammed on because of it's shape.

Be seeing you.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:53am
Hi tony i am still here waiting on a keyholder to confirm a visit well you still do not know how it is done from your last post

i am not trying to be deliberately belligerent whatsoever but you keep on telling me how it is not possible I find that offensive and rude to be frank  I just do not take well to people assuming so much
as to my skill and abilities do you never question these sort of things?

And as for "Rocket Science " one of the simplest things there is a child could do "Rocket science" requires little technical know how whatsoever it is so easy to achieve

as for the "Jammed on because of it's shape" really you sure about that statement? coz i for one am not so sure it is so at all well when the horn arrives to me here i will as I said asses it something you should consider is this are there others who know things I do not?

I for one know ZIP about a whole lot of things so I ask first if In do not 100% know the issue or subject at hand something you continue not to do.....Why is that?

I have often taken great delight in taking Money from others who are foolish enough to gamble on an outcome I do not gamble whatsoever nothing at all never placed a bet in my life  but i do bet or gamble on a certainty but then that's hardly gambling is it I sometimes return their Money sometimes not it depends on their attitude i n the first place but sometime it is Lunch or a meal whilst out I never return those

somebody asked earlier had i been "Drinking" I do not Drink watch TV or do many things considered the "Norm" I live alone and sometimes do not see or converse with another human being for weeks i may be weird but not stupid

it is some time since i saw or spoke to you it has usually been quite a pleasant exchange

I do hope you are keeping well I am getting too old for rigs and Rock n Roll i retired around 95/96 do the odd stuff here n there if it is interesting but mostly not a lot I tried living by the coast for a few years that was fun but can be not so nice in winter As I recall You are by the Sea or were are you still?

well i really need to chase these keyholder people  wasting my time

so best regards to you i must go sort them out or my kit i need will not be ready for tomorrow evening
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 11:56am
Thanks for the Tommy Cooper stuff. Mould, Horn, Horn Mould.
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:01pm
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:04pm
LOL
Be seeing you.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:06pm
SMP, I do know how to make a mould to facilitate getting a horn from a mould that has a shape that turns back on its self. What I am maintaining is that you can't pull a horn off of a one piece mould that has a shape like the 2350 horn. If I went back to days as a tool maker, I would be making a mould with sliding cores to facilitate getting the product off of the mould. It wouldn't be just an open and shut mould.

Edited by TONY.A.S.S. - 05 October 2013 at 12:07pm
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by oldskool oldskool wrote:

What just happened? I only started this thread to share with other mad guys the fun of refurbishing an ASS system with the original manufacturer and using new driver technology to see what we end up with.ConfusedEmbarrassedLOLWinkConfused

well i thought it was good what you were doing that's why i read the thread in the first place more power to you for it

in reading i got the impression there was an issue with the horns so offered to assist with my blessing only to be told what I am capable of doing which I did not like

so sod the horns i really could care less but thought you did. It is Human to help another in my book so tried to do so

if it is needed I will do all in my power to assist you but should you decline no worries i will lose no sleep it is not my project but yours

I am a C&*T ignorant, Rude apparently immodest some have said but said by those who do not have clue who I am or what i do  Scary!!! thought we were here to help and assist each other impart skills and knowledge between us not stand in Judgement 

But if that is not the case "Forum" is the wrong term for this site I am getting pretty bored of this by now the Horn will arrive at some future point in time just someone being HELPFUL to one in need

The world should work like this but we know it does not maybe it is up to some of us to change that eh???
CritikalMass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CritikalMass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:13pm
Got to love a good keyboard warrior I swear if half the threads here actually stayed on topic .....
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:17pm
BTW if possible to do it would be a 1 piece mould ....i will leave Tony to ponder and figure out how this kind of moulding is done or ask somebody else who knows as there are many of us
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by SMP SMP wrote:

in reading i got the impression there was an issue with the horns so offered to assist with my blessing only to be told what I am capable of doing which I did not like

Forgive Tony for his lack of knowledge. I think the rest of us saw your user name and knew immediately that you were an expert in horn moulding & casting.
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 12:31pm

Here you go orchard guy a rear view as I said it is only a flat datum from laying up on a sheet of  19mm glass keeps it nice and true difficult to see much as the anti-dust coat has been applied prior to waxing to keep it dust free for next process apologies for using your thread but sure he will get to see it here...alright
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>