Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF - 10 MARCH 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:45pm
will defo make this one.Thumbs Up
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 3:54pm
Re: a quote from..
http://forum.speakerplans.com/non-scoop-based-soundsystems_topic76145_page2.html

Originally posted by Showcase Showcase wrote:

It was nice playing with the Ligwa boxes but we wanted to build something for ourselves which we did.. We are not a sound all about bass but try to focus more on music and entertainment

Showcase, so you not on dis bill to check the quality of your system or just mainly to play music & entertain? or both maybe?

Asking as there seems to be nuff confusion going on with these sound offs!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Jah Lion Jah Lion wrote:

mek de machine back ya talking cos me c nuff  info and post on here from you.

+1

Clap

You can't afford to flop this one mate! LOL

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 4:22pm
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I

LOL

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 12 February 2013 at 4:36pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Re: a quote from..
http://forum.speakerplans.com/non-scoop-based-soundsystems_topic76145_page2.html

It was nice playing with the Ligwa boxes but we wanted to build something for ourselves which we did.. We are not a sound all about bass but try to focus more on music and entertainment

Showcase, so you not on dis bill to check the quality of your system or just mainly to play music & entertain? or both maybe?

Asking as there seems to be nuff confusion going on with these sound offs!

I tend to try to do both... I can't check my sound without playing music through it so I try to play music to entertain not to prove I have the best system in the land.  It isn't there for the approval of certain SP members in terms of bass pressure and SPL... I leave that to a few other sounds. We are not here to sell speaker boxes either. it is a system I built so that I can play my music the way I like to..

And as much as some people try to stop us from what we do take it from me... it's a fruitless task. We are here to stay. If people don't like what we do simple  don't come to listen to us or get a drink at the bar and relax.

Hope this clarifies why we are in the palace

We are still testing a few things so we are back in the palace to do it. 
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:05pm

Pressure is for those who take life too seriously.... We comfortable round here, more than I can say for some!!
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 11:04pm

Pressure is for those who take life too seriously.... We comfortable round here, more than I can say for some!!

to be fair the first time you enter a soundcheck there are a few nerves but as you have done so many sound checks i guess its second nature to you now

but for new comers its a bit of pressure as you enter these events to be judged by other soundmen and the judging will often be harsher then any regular party goer as these people have good ears

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 9:35am

We nuh support dem kinda artist roun' ere'
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

these people have good ears

Some of them have royaly shagged ears if some of the sound checks i've been to are anything to go by.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

We nuh support dem kinda artist roun' ere'

LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 11:03pm
RIGHT!!!!

Now that you've had your full dose of the jelly and ice cream, it's that time for the real ting!!!!!

This coming Sunday, 4 real sounds, in a real sound venue, giving you your just deserves!!!

Nuff respeck to the "real authentic" AV Promotions for inspiring Soundsystem Sound-Off!!

Nuff Respeck to each and every sound that has entered and simply given our event some credibility!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>