Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF - 10 MARCH 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 1:48am
enjoyed this soundcheck Big smile glad i heard complex, nice system, clear, powerfull, nice deep sub, nice music, lookin forward to hearin that sound play out Thumbs Up

as for shabach, silky smooth mid tops, and the warmest roundest deepest sub to ever fill golden palace out of all the many sessions ive been to in there Shocked lev.44 scoops filled the room with all the notes, crazy 40hz.... (no bias review either as ive put soundsystems in there myself!) credit where its due - Lev.44 scoop is up there with all the top scoops. benchmark scoop to beat imo. its easy to fill a room wiv high bass but to fill that place wiv that much 40hz wiv only 4subs is VERY impressive Clap  nearly on par wiv a nex sound who went in previously wiv 6 pd1850 scoops Shocked 
nuff respect ren/kutty/tekasis/and levyte 
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 5:07am
Big thank you to Motion54,

Two highlights for me, the Lab80, ain't seen one in that condition since 1968 :) and the output and control from the Shabach (Lev.44) scoops driven by the Powersoft (K10?)

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 12 March 2013 at 5:08am
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 8:46am
Wicked pics very impressive looking stacks and racks.Gees i better get the paint out Haha well. Done all involved
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Brother T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 11:32pm
+1 for Luton Soundmans summary.I was really impressed with the Shabach Alliance,just goes to show what can be achieved when soundmen pool their resources and experience.Would definately like to see/hear more of the Alliance,definately world classClap.
Biggest highlight of the night for me was to hear the unmistakeable signature bass tone of Rens pre amp which really got the best out of the 1852s and Levs scoops.Its time now Ren to get APS back out on the road so that we can all hear that perfect bass with YOUR crystal tops!!
Very well done to all the sound systems that were involved,everyone played well and sounded good.
Thanks to Motion 54 for another excellent event,keep up the good work.
peace and love
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 12:49am
blady hell !!! shame I missed this one guys,Cry could not get out of mother's day family dinner  
pullup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pullup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 10:07am
Nice night of soundsystems & music, all systems in my books did well, for me the system with the overall tiein, goes to complex
Jahlive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahlive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 2:44pm
Good soundcheck all had plus & minuses but complex had everything running the best IMHO from sound quality to music other sounds did well but why would a Soundman who thinks he knows all there is about sound have to get other established soundmen to run his system ? Quality assured always consistent but not up to their usual high standard for me Ebony nice PA system very well presented but lacked a bit of grunt good job m54
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 2:12pm
First of all Big thanks to Kutty "Qualitex", Ren (APS & Crew), Lincoln "Tekasis", DJ Cowboy (Quadrophonic), and Motion 54, for their assistance in making this happen.

Biggup to Quality Assured, Complex sound, Ebony Showcase for an entertaining night of music, skills, and banter.

The objective of the exercise "for Shabach", was to "sound check" and promote the Lev .44 18" scoop, as we knew Kutty didn't have the opportunity to fully do it, when Qualitex played earlier this year.

Ren was asked if he'd be interested in the exercise, and said yes, as it allowed him to "test/check" changes he made to his own setup.

"Tekasis" & myself, discussed from long time, we would go in GP at right time.

I used the name "Shabach" as a collective team name, as it's what I would use, if I regularly played out.

If Ren's setup was not ready in time, you can see my control tower, pre-amp, QSC amp rack, 32A-3PH distro was ready.

Every cab you see in the Shabach stack was loaded into the van by me. I drove the van to GP. And Unloaded every cab off the van. All this after playing out with Cowboy Sat night, and getting to bed 06.30 Sunday am.

So I don't want no guy tell me I can't take a seat for a while during GP, after loading & unloading van, setup amprack/control/tower/power, and integration test. Especially as fully 5x way Active set, reach GP at 16:00hrs, and playing at 17:00hrs. Wink

When the system played for first few segments, Ren tuned his Pre-amp, and requested me to make any changes to my LMS settings or levels. Once initial setup done, Ren then operated his pre in unity with selectors, as only he can. Clap

Later on, Kutty wanted to "soundcheck" his LMS+Powersoft rack with Ren pre, and the .44 scoops + PD1852.

Even though Mic section was not up to scratch, and probs with Low mid section/intermittent noise from pre, general feedback was at times system was crystal, with solid sub output.

So a successful "sound check" for us, and thanks to "those" for the positive feedback. Clap

Edited by levyte357- - 14 March 2013 at 2:36pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Jahlive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahlive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 2:35pm
Excuses excuses mr knowitall do you want a prize for doing ONCE what people have been doing week in week out for years ? If it your system you control it after you come on here time & time again talking tripe now you know what's involved so in future wind ya neck in !!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Jahlive Jahlive wrote:

Excuses excuses mr knowitall do you want a prize for doing ONCE what people have been doing week in week out for years ? If it your system you control it after you come on here time & time again talking tripe now you know what's involved so in future wind ya neck in !!

Been thru many of your back posts, and since you created your fake id, last year June, 90% of what you have to say is cussing people out. And you call yourself Jah?

Seeing as you have so much negativity to spread about other peoples systems, maybe you should take a system in Golden Palace, and show us how it's done ?

Jahlive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahlive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 6:15pm
Truth a bun u lol big talker but nah se nuttin I have no system & dont now intend on putting one together but if i a pay my money fi listen sound im entitled to my opinion but if I did have a sound I'd operate it myself yu hear!!!! I wouldn't run up my mouth then get some1 who is respected to take over ANYONE could do that ANYONE now yu a get vex Good be vex but be vex with yourself as you not got any balls bruv jus like a gyal

Edited by Jahlive - 14 March 2013 at 7:26pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Jahlive Jahlive wrote:

Truth a bun u lol

Sure mate. LOL

So I guess you like the way Shabach sounded on Sunday.Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>