Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R.S.E LTD OLDIE SYSTEM INFO PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.S.E LTD OLDIE SYSTEM INFO PLEASE
    Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:34am
HERE we have a old system which consists of 2 acoustic lens,jbl 2440/345 loaded,also in the box was a 1inch driver mounted on another metal horn,the box contains a cross over for the two comps also.
lenes and comps are for sale so feel free to pm me with offers,may split also if can get buyers for the lot tho a forum member has first refusal on the lenes at the moment,one jbl 2440 and one jbl/lansing 345 comp both working
4 scoops which are of a unknown design
 been handy with my tape measure and they are sim to a larry mr dub scoop but the baffle is 1 inch longer and the piece that goes up behind it to rear corner of the cab is 2 in longer and at a very steep angle compared to the larry
has 2 deflector pieces in rear horn on for handles AND a very big one behind the baffle going to lid of cab
plan is to try and get some  fanes for these cabs and  keep them for a bit of fun tho i only have pd1850s here at the moment so will be trying one later hopefully it will not blow the cab to bitsLOLmade of 18mm birtch ply and 2 loaded with some old eminence 500w drivers(only 2),
told  lens boxes will decrease the performance of the lens as it sits inside,funny a company built them in this wayLOL,guy told me he had the system for 10 years and when he got it was run of quad hi fi amps!!!!wish he still had those CryCry
anyway would love some info etc on this,been a free party rig for 10 years so seen some action but all working well worth the 370 mile drive tho my misses does not think so as her place in the shed for tumble dryer has gone and it now has no home LOL
RSE LIMITED
1 WESTMINSTER ROAD
WAREHAM
DORSET 
THOUGHTS GUYS???

Edited by paulus - 05 March 2013 at 10:02am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:35am

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:36am

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:37am

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:39am

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:47am

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:04am
All I can remember about them is that they were a prominent name in the business at that time, but I never knew who was involved. Some of our other established members on here will know.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:26am
Definitely rebox those lens, or at least cut back the front to expose them.  Nice find Thumbs Up.  Didn't RSE have a series of amps aswell?
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:40am
As Gavin says above,the lense boxes themselves are scrap,in fact they simply wont work properly in there as the ends of the lenses need to be exposed.

The scoops seem to have a bigger than usual mouth or scoop,deffinately bigger than a 4530,on which i assume they were based?

i wonder if there was a mid range cabinet which is missing,surely they didnt use those scoops up to the 800hz-ish crossover to the lenses? Maybe there was an angled 2x12 affair that went above the scoops?
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:45am
And yes,i think you are correct Gav,i seem to remember some big old RSE amplifiers too...early 80's maybe?
Be seeing you.
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 1:42pm
RSE amps were designed and build by Rob Evans I believe.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 1:51pm
nice find Thumbs Up its a hard to beat feelin when you plug in some old classic equipment and press play Cool

Edited by luton_soundman - 05 March 2013 at 1:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>