Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer EPX4000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJT Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Behringer EPX4000
    Posted: 08 March 2013 at 6:11am
Hello guys, Behringer EPX4000 is good enough to drive for my 4 units of sub box 18" driver 1050watts??  2 sub box per channel @ 4 Ohms load.
EJT Sound System
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 6:36am
I got one and compere to an old qsc usa 1300 , epx got much less sub and sound week.
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 7:14am
Well OLD is the key word there. Vs new RMX - same thing.

I have 3 and have had them in use since they went from EP2500 to EP4000 name wise.
1 runs every weekend. Other 2 least once a month if not more.
1 thing I diss like is the cooling. It is a back to front method with a screen at the front.
You can NOT just flip the fan around.  If you do you have to either replace with a much higher CFM model or add another at the front. Else thermal off.
If not that - remove the front filter and put over the rear fan.

My subs are 750rms 1400 peak. 
I run 2 per amp. mono 4ohm. So your subs being 1050 RMS.  Depends on the levels your trying to  push.  I don't think it would be good for full tilt boogie.

EJT Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJT Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 9:27am
so the epx4000 not sout for sub application??
EJT Sound System
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 9:31am
The EPX4000 is not the EP4000 totally different animal,

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
EJT Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJT Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 9:46am
yup it's different very different in power supply design and also the cost is very different also.
EJT Sound System
EJT Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJT Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 9:47am
So tony what can you say about EPX4000?

EJT Sound System
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by EJT Sound EJT Sound wrote:

So tony what can you say about EPX4000?

Sorry mate, never even seen one let alone heard one. Had EP2500's and they always did me proud.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 1:43pm
No no under 80hz, thats my vote.
BassPhysics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassPhysics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2013 at 10:59pm
weve got an ep4000 running 4 x 450Rms it seems to handle  that pretty well , ive been told there decent running 2 void v18-1000 in bridge mode 
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by BassPhysics BassPhysics wrote:

ive been told there decent running 2 void v18-1000 in bridge mode 

LOLnot for long!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
dwsound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 10:27am
Ive had recent experience with these...

IMHO there not great - i think these are what they call " peak " amplifiers - or what behringer call transient acclerated technology ?

I shit you not there was one of these running subs in a venue (Martin 2 x 15) and a C Audio RA3001 running tops (RCF things)

C Audio was barely being tickled in terms of power output, where the behringer was running flat out, with the clip just flashing to try and keep up.

switched them over with each other and the C Audio crucified the Behringer in terms of OP performance - and did sound alot more punchy on subs all be it kicking out some heat.

Customer now has another RA3001 on sub duty and the behringer is running booth monitors

C Audio 600w @ 4 a side
EP4000  750w @ 4 a side

i would take a guess that the EP4000 is rated at transient response and that the RMS value is somewhere very much below the 600W of the C audio.

Dan
Audio Production | PA hire | Pro Audio sales |Design & Installation
T: 07734 035 958 - E: info@dwsound.co.uk - W: www.dwsound.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>