Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G SUB FEEDBACK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:10pm
so you willing to have a "changable" sub-section?...or is it one or the other?
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:11pm
G-subs and hd's would be a fine combination especially with the type of music you play, definitely need a dedicated kick section especially for hard dance.

You've got to think though that you will be spending more money on drivers, I'm assuming you will have a pair of g-subs to replace the x1's
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:14pm
This summer I wanted more sub so was thinking 2 more x1s, then I though for the same space "ish" i coyos have more powee so was thinkinh I could have 4 g subs instead?

So my choices are 4 x1s or 4 G subs
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:21pm
think about the outlay...

you'll be buying either 4x G-subs (6 extra drivers)
or...............................  2x X1 (2 extra drivers)

.. im guessing you'd need an extra amp if your running 4 G-subs (8 drivers!!)

i think you need to think about the £££ on this one as well as the sound.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:30pm
Yeah I suppose
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:47pm
..maybe try renting another set of X1s and 4xG-subs (not at the same time... unless you can afford it) and just see what your ears tell you! you may love the sound of the G-subs and want to switch ooooooooooor decide all you really need was a second set of X1s

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:51pm
I don't know any one with either local to me :(
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:55pm
wanted section?

..stick thread in to borrow some and see what comes up

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 12:19pm
first i think im going to have an afternoon with the van and see if we can fit another 2 x1s in.... theres gotta be a way!
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Absulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 12:53pm
Definitely keep your HD's, i think G-subs sound better cut off lower, just on sub. guess it depends what your playing.
Only heard X1's once, but from that limited experience i would say 4 G-subs would be better than 4 X1's (but i am abit of a fan of G-subs). 4 G-sub's in a medium room absolutely smashed it, not sure what they were loaded with...
Chuffing noise in Sheffield have 2 G-subs and 2 HD15's i think, they do a free pub night called snaregasm, its reasonably regular (might be monthly not sure).
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 1:03pm
"G Subs" Don't have a sound, the drivers you use do and as I have seen such a wide range of those used in this design each one will have its own sound and usable bandwidth so impossible to pigeon hole.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Absulum Absulum wrote:

Definitely keep your HD's, i think G-subs sound better cut off lower, just on sub. guess it depends what your playing.
Only heard X1's once, but from that limited experience i would say 4 G-subs would be better than 4 X1's (but i am abit of a fan of G-subs). 4 G-sub's in a medium room absolutely smashed it, not sure what they were loaded with...
Chuffing noise in Sheffield have 2 G-subs and 2 HD15's i think, they do a free pub night called snaregasm, its reasonably regular (might be monthly not sure).

yeh i know of chuffin noise, they only had 1 g sub last time, and i dont think they were using anything special to power it as it was a free party rig so wouldnt like to comment.

I might go and check there night out and see how it sounds, main music we play is hardcore orientated stuff "not the cheesy clubland shit" hardstyle, hard techno gabba etc etc
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>