Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G SUB FEEDBACK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 2:30pm
What van do you have Rich?
I would have thought X1's will drop lower than G-subs but G's are more versatile. Have you thought about 2x15 reflex cabs for the style you play? Smaller footprint, more cabs in van means more conage area at gigs, possible faster bass.
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 2:51pm
not thought about 15s at all to be honest. 
i use a lwb transit like below.

if its just the rig i take out then its no bother but when im dragging dj mons/mc mons and lighting rig and the extra rack sn boxes that requires, then thats where i become stuk!
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 7:36pm
Tbh then i'm not sure how switching from X1's to G-subs is going to make much difference from a packing pov. I managed to save a lot of space by packing everything very efficiently and make sure all racks are prewired for most occasions, including rack drawers in any spare U's to put cables/adaptors in.
Probably need to spend a day packing and unpacking to work out what works best and if you can save space on anything.

A 2x15 properly designed can sound just as good or even better than 18's, anyone who has ever heard Opus Jody's 2x15 subs will understand.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 8:38pm
Think I'm gunna get the van and have an hour packing and unpacking it etc to make it all fit, it's gotta fit lol
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 9:06pm
nuclearbass you do realise you can put stuff in the door behind the front passenger side door?

that is the main loading area and will solve all your problems!

plus driving will be a lot easier!!!
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2013 at 9:19pm
Side door doesn't open on the van we use lol!!!!

Plus my drives about 40 -50 meters long so he backs down it, and the side door is definitely outta the question then

I'll crack it one day
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
jagoreedjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagoreedjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 12:47pm
"Chuffin Noise/Hangman Soundsystem" in Sheffield use G-Subs.

Give them a search on facebook, they run a free night every month called 'Snaregasm' which you could hear them at.

Edit: Just seen that has already been said. Ignore me.

Edited by jagoreedjones - 25 March 2013 at 12:50pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 12:49pm
hi mate, as far as i know they only have 1 g-sub? unless theyve bought more??
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
jagoreedjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagoreedjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 12:51pm
I believe they have 2 now.
Absulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 3:54pm
Haha Jago same picture :( should of jus used same account :P 
Yeah they have two (although one might actually be owned by Hangman, makes little difference as they always do stuff together), Fane 18XB loaded last time i saw them, powered by Proline 3000. Yeah they mainly play Hardtek and gabba etc but some Jungle too, gives you a better idea of how they sound.

EDIT: also nuclear bass they sound hell of a lot better now they've got an ultradrive... sounded nice last time i heard them in the pub

Edited by Absulum - 25 March 2013 at 3:57pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Absulum Absulum wrote:

Haha Jago same picture :( should of jus used same account :P 
Yeah they have two (although one might actually be owned by Hangman, makes little difference as they always do stuff together), Fane 18XB loaded last time i saw them, powered by Proline 3000. Yeah they mainly play Hardtek and gabba etc but some Jungle too, gives you a better idea of how they sound.

EDIT: also nuclear bass they sound hell of a lot better now they've got an ultradrive... sounded nice last time i heard them in the pub

sound mate, it was a while back when i heard them, they didnt have the proline, but they had the ultradrive, they must have just got it as they were slightly puzzled on how to change settings lol
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123