Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ear Plugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagoreedjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ear Plugs
    Posted: 27 March 2013 at 3:01pm

Buying a pair of earplugs, sick of waking up with ringing ears after refusing to use cheap foam ones.

On a budget of about £30 max, are there any people would reccomend? Ones which don't overly block high frequencies, etc.?

Cheers!

(sorry if this is the wrong area, very much brandishing the 'newbie' label)
PLAGUE CELL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLAGUE CELL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:49pm
If ya can get hold of some Etymotic ER20 plugs they're pretty good.
For 5 years solid I've had a pair in their little box hanging from the end of my keychain that comes with me wherever I go.

They're the rubber'christmas tree' type with a channel cut out that leads to a filter that aims to attenuate the world evenly (Flat Frequency Attenuation), without muffling. Of course it doesn't do this quite as well as some custom moulded earplugs for £200, but these are about £15-£20 a pair!

When they're new or cold they can be a tiny bit plasticy and uncomfortable but body heat soon sorts it out. Have never left a gig with tired ears and it makes ye feel more energetic. they should come with a little neck cord. Use the cord or you will lose them, I promise Tongue
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:11pm
My new Etymotic MusicPROs are pretty good..

Shame I bought them to hack apart for a Uni project Cry
mrspeedy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrspeedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 7:53pm
I cannot recommend these guys enough - http://www.ultimateear.com/

I have the 'squidgy' plugs created from an impression from my ear, great noise cancelling and does not hinder the quality at all! (Just very weird mixing with them in at first, but you get used to it!)

Check them out!
jagoreedjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagoreedjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 6:00pm
Cheers, gone for the cheap Etymotic ones for some temporary protection.

Know it's a tiny thing to ask about but probably worth it when your hearing's at risk. Thanks for responses.
 Post Reply Post Reply