Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My First Build :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRaMPageZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My First Build :)
    Posted: 16 April 2013 at 12:38am
Hi im new to the forums so you got a new member :) 

Anyways im looking to build a really loud portable speaker to take out when i go drinking with my friends. 

i am think of buying some car speakers.... i went to the shop today and they showed me them full blast and they sounded really good and clear :  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDGE-ED209-6X9-300W-4-WAY-SPEAKERS-FREE-SHIPPING-NEW-BUY-NOW-/161006166463?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item257cb721bf - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDGE-ED209-6X9-300W-4-WAY-SPEAKERS-FREE-SHIPPING-NEW-BUY-NOW-/161006166463?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item257cb721bf

i also been told i would need a audio system or an amp so i thought about this :  http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_918329_langId_-1_categoryId_165474 - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_918329_langId_-1_categoryId_165474 
or another 1 which would be cheaper 

i dunno what battery i would use :/ 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just my ideas .. would you kind people help me out by giving me some simple , affordable ideas :) thanks ... ps. or send me another page that is on the forms that is similar 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 12:57am
before you get linched (and you will) for get everything you know about car audio. rite now!

you are building a portable PA system. yes it may only be 1 speaker.. yes it may only be a 12v system but just because its 12v and portable doesnt make it car audio...

1st of all most car audio (the cheap stuff) is sh1t... and inefficent to boot!

to make the battery.... im assuming your talking battery power here, last as long as it can you want to cut down on the amount of electronics your'll be carrying around with you.

simply put... your fone (chav-pod, mp3 player, tablet)> small amp> speaker.

now go and google "portable PA" and "12v amplifier" do some research 1st... dont just wade in and guess at what sounds "good" or "right"

i'll get you started... 
41hz.com

and thats just amps... then you need speaker(s)

..ok im getting ahead of my self here..... research dear fellow, research!!

......and welcome!
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
MrRaMPageZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRaMPageZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:02am
haha im no chav lmao just love havin a few cans and blasting the music :P would you be able to link me to a thread to a simple but awsome build i can't seem to find any 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:04am
...you read all that and all you got was me calling you a chav?

wheres a facepalm when i need one?

.....i never called you a chav dear sir, 2nd... how big is your budget?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRaMPageZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:07am
haha soz about that just seem chav-pod .. hate that word lol ... and i would sya my budget is about £100 m8 

i recently put a 9.6v battery on some 2:1 speakers from my computer and have liked them for a few weeks but a want louder : heres the build what i done :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJnoV-DtDI - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJnoV-DtDI

but yeah my budget is about £100 if you can link me to something bud :) 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:13am
whats the voltage those speakers are ment to take? sticking a 12V battery on it will give to a boost.

google "half boominator"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRaMPageZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:19am
it is a 9v speaker :) so a shoved a 9.6v on to be safe. i like them because they are really portable and loud but the battery only last's about 1-2 hours which is rubbish and dunno if to buy a different better battery (which i dunno which one) or build together a bigger speaker :/ 

i google that and its just bring up pictures on forums 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:22am
read the forums man!.... im not gonna hand it to you on a plate, READ!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRaMPageZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:28am
im looking bud :P cannit see nowt lmao .. from ur point of view .. these are the speakers that is 9v :  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Altec-Lansing-BXR1221-Multi-purpose-Speakers/dp/B0024NKA2E - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Altec-Lansing-BXR1221-Multi-purpose-Speakers/dp/B0024NKA2E 

do you think a could link up a 12v battery or if not what do u suggest for a bigger 9v battery 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:38am
..join the boominator group on facebook.... and as they are cheap speakers bang a 12v battery on them. if thay go bang... they go bang! buy new ones...

join the bomminator gang on facebook.

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:40am
... found the half-boominator system and it took me 12 seconds....... look harder!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRaMPageZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:44am
here im lookin and f all is coming up lol .. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>