Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spot the deliberate mistake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by jbinks-v2 jbinks-v2 wrote:

The twisted cores should have been anti-clockwise?
This reminded me of a funny situation a long time ago. I was with someone on a very big job, who can be quite Anal. Anyway I was soldering some ends and the other guy was as well, I had twisted the cable in the usual manner and handed it to him to solder, he just laughed nervously and twisted them back the other way and then carried on soldering. Not a word was mentioned. He is a very clever guy, so perhaps he knows something I don't.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Originally posted by jbinks-v2 jbinks-v2 wrote:

The twisted cores should have been anti-clockwise?

This reminded me of a funny situation a long time ago. I was with someone on a very big job, who can be quite Anal. Anyway I was soldering some ends and the other guy was as well, I had twisted the cable in the usual manner and handed it to him to solder, he just laughed nervously and twisted them back the other way and then carried on soldering. Not a word was mentioned. He is a very clever guy, so perhaps he knows something I don't.

Everyone knows the universe travels in an anti-clockwise rotation.... geee's Tony!! You should have known better.lol
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 12:26am
This wasn't as bad as the Guy who insisted I cut 7 strands from a cable before I connected, but he was Hi Fi.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 12:34am
...bloody hi-fi nuts... if it was an 8 strand cable it would be funnier lol

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 12:42pm
QTX QA1600, took me ages to track this one down

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 1:17pm
Never mind the amp - what´s up with your trousers? Two-tone denims - or did you spill something on them?  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 2:35pm
No fair!!... show us the undersized tranny and lack of power transisters on the 1.6 jigger-watt monster!!

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 2:41pm
Jeans are fine, must be a trick of the light, will put proper pic in amp internals when (amp) all cleaned up, got 2 new fans and a set of o/p transistors to fit after someone fitted a fake transistor and an undersized fan on one channel

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 13 August 2014 at 2:43pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 8:06pm
  Had that cap just fallen off? Shocked
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 11:56am
"Had that cap just fallen off?"

That would explain the buzz. Hot glue is our friend.
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 1:35pm
Shan't use hotmelt glue, it will fracture, prefer contact adhesive.
I suspect the lead-free solder failed.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 4:32pm
"Shan't use hotmelt glue, it will fracture"

Not if you use enough of it!   Smile

Contact is good as well, but I don´t like the smell.  Reminds me too much of some of the horrible squat venues I worked years ago in the UK.   Embarrassed

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>