Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RICE & PEAS CHECK MAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:32pm
Now this is what i dont overstand tell me were on the flyers or sp or on the radio etc does it say clash. thats y there was a nice amount of classy sex woman there do you think they want to here all that no you mean to tell me that four real big sounds cant hold the people and entertain them that not gd. to me foundation and mafia love tryed and did rock the place most of the nite may be if all of them did follow the vibe would of been on fire there was nothing wrong with the dance all it needed was for all the sounds to focus on the big crowd them. apart from that all four was there. but foundation was the best sound in there when it came to being balance and with quality easy.big avp. 
mooreb View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ras Elder Ras Elder wrote:

Greetings Mooreb
The reasoning was about TUNE not about equipment, Gaffer played an instrumental stepper when that statement was made. I show George dat "self gratification" tunes do not work in the "Roots" as Rastafari like to hear spiritually uplifting music.

Good evening Ras, I hear what you're saying about tune and if it was that what he was talking about then you would be right I probably would have missed what SE Soundman meant, BUT he mentioned sorting the sound out first and then just to reinforce that he was talking about the system went on to talk about what boxes Qualitex "Embarrassed" them with!
I don't usually come on here to start nothing with no one as I live good with people, but NO sound got embarrassed on friday all the sounds did very well and sounded good, So when some keyboard warrior starts to cuss what people have spent decades to build then I feel I have to say something!
One love and Bless
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
yardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:19pm
Yes fire your right that's y our sound thing can go downhill because some people don't have any love in their heart all they do fight down want a person trying to do and. But yet they don't. Own a pot to dee dee in half of them don't have no gal or any money. All have to say is respect to all sounds and promoters.
yardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:20pm
I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes
SE Soundman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 1:41am
This is why I didn't joined this forum before. People say one thing when they are amongst certain man then come on here and talk the complete opposite.
A lot of you guys are a bunch of hypocrites. On the night a lot of us was out the back on different occasions discussing the sounds and most man was saying that all the sounds were ok on mid and tops but qualitex was showing up the other sounds on a bass line level even though they had the smallest stack in the dance. Now you all saying different because you don't want to offend your friends or you just want to defend London. I am a London sound man myself and hate it when sounds come here and show us up, but fact is fact soundman to soundman Qualitex bass line was on a different level to the others.
I know Gaffa and Ras D for a long time and I know they probably could have both done better on the night but they didn't. Gaffa had 12 bass in the place and I don't want no man come tell me about the 18s were playing mid because they weren't. The 6 21" and 6 18" we're playing bass and Ras D had 6 18" full scoop playing bass and 6 15" reflex playing just a little higher bass than the scoops and yet none of them came close to what Qualitex did. Give respect where it's due whether they come from London or not. I too have a sound and knows the hard work, money and sacrifice it takes to build so I'm not dissing no man sound, but when we put our sound out there in a arena against other sounds we expect comparisons and critics. That's how we improve. So if the London Dancehall Soundmen, myself included don't step up our game we will be left behind by the country sounds. We should take a leaf from the London roots sounds who are now beginning to step up like the rest of the country roots sounds.

Now to you Mr Yardman it doesn't take a genius to workout who you are by reading back through some of your comments on other occasions.
You said the flyer didn't have clash on it but when you put TUNE FOR TUNE, SOUND FOR SOUND, DUB FOR DUB. That says Clash. So don't try fool people with your little trickery. And it doesn't even matter what you put on the flyer from you put 4 sound of that caliber in one dance everyone expect a clash
I would say its the promoters fault for the dance going the way it did as some sounds were not sure whether to clash or not. I know they were a handful of ladies there but 90% of the crowd wanted to see a clash. If you wanted to make a juggling dance to entertain people you could have just used 1 sound and a couple of good djs to do that.

Edited by SE Soundman - 03 June 2013 at 1:47am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 1:42am
Sorry for the long essay. Lol just needed to get certain things clear.
Ras Elder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Elder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 6:19am
Greetings SE, man an man DID talk about that differently but that was not the main issue for me as I am not a sound man, but I tell Soldgie his little stack "Stan Up". If one of them was using a Gram, I would
not mind so long as they picked up the vibes!!! We know now what a treasure we have with Flip, it's as simple as that...
wadup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 7:12am
Yes kutty was the heaviest in the dance fe true as fe the clash ting it was me that stop choppa from war him did well want jump ina it but i kept telling him no we come here fe party so if anything blame me for foundation not taking up the war. Oneup.
yardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 7:47am
SE if your trying to war or disrepect me forget it when i come on here i try and keep the peace i dont have time for these thing which start arguments. you claim you know me then maybe i know as well. if thats the case then when you see   me in a dance or soundcheck come talk to me face to face that aint hard is it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 8:33am
Yardman i'm not trying to disrespect you or start a war. I'm just saying it as it is. We did chat on the night and I told you the same thing that this dance is a clash no matter how you put it and yes entertainment for the ladies is important but there are different dances for that. Clash is clash some women do enjoy a bit of banter too. So if the sounds were allowed to just war it out on a musical level it would have been a lot more interesting. Which is what we were all saying out back on the night.

Ras Elder. I agree with you that even on a clash vibes the dance never got going for several reasons. I know if it did take off each sound in there had the tunes and potential to make it into an interesting night. Which is why I was so disappointed and was only focused on how the systems were performing and on that basis I think Qualitex took it for me. And a lot of people were saying the same on the night. Even a couple of the other soundman dem was saying that at the end.

Big up Av for trying to keep the sound system vibes going. As I will be in there soon too. Hope I perform good
All I'm saying boss is if you promote a party vibes dance that's a different thing but a dance like Friday will always be perceived as a clash.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 9:23am
Oh yes Wadup, I take it you were the mic man for foundation. I did hear the man dem cussing you outside at the end of the dance for stopping Choppa from going hard and you did accept the fact that it was you that stopped it. So respect for admitting that. And all the soundman out there all said they thought the dance probably would have been better if they just clashed it out. Kutty, soljie, choppa and the selector from mafia love was all there saying the same thing.
Ras Elder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Elder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 10:12am
SE... Gaffer is ALWAYS going to clash, when they were Nasty Love it was nuff xxx rated tunes, but Chopper promoted clash sessions in Camden Town so when I hear they were there to party I could not believe it. Those Soul specials kill the dance for me, they would be great in a house blues..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>