Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F**K me! USB 3.0 HDD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 1:10am
lol

its even nasty to look at.... til you pile them ontop of each other cable-tie all the cables really really neatly, hide them around the back and have the LEDs facing all the same way with the hub sitting on top with wires out the back and lights on the front and you turn them on by flipping the socket switch that powers the 6way wall extention... its light a fecking Xmas tree lol

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 1:12am
I hope you have back-ups...
My faith in USB external drives gets upto zero on a good day!!!!!

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 1:13am
yep..... another set of externals that are piled on top so all the LEDs... etc... etc... etc.....

lol
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 10:05am
my laptop doesn't have USB3 but I was fairly impressed with the eSATA connector when I used it last week.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 10:17am
I got myself a Zyxel nsa-325 last week and am very impressed with it so far, transfer speeds etc are pretty quick, just ordering myself a kingston usb3.0 stick though as I am yet to experience the speeds of 3.0
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 12:39am
180mb/s is not that fast.. It's good don't get me wrong

My Intel ssd has a write speed of 450mb/s and the top speed of a good quality usb3.0 cable is around 5gb/s.

It's probs as your file was only small only at 150gb, dident give it time to run up to speed.

Btw I'm an ICT and computing Student and training hardware technician so I do know what I'm on about.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 4:36am

Originally posted by noodle noodle wrote:

180mb/s is not that fast.. It's good don't get me wrong

My Intel ssd has a write speed of 450mb/s and the top speed of a good quality usb3.0 cable is around 5gb/s.

It's probs as your file was only small only at 150gb, dident give it time to run up to speed.

Btw I'm an ICT and computing Student and training hardware technician so I do know what I'm on about.

Really????

Only 150GB, not time to run upto speed?????

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I suspect your SSD may benchmark @ over 400, but try a real-world I/O operation, I struggle to hit 800MB/S copying large files (1GB+) from my workstation to my SAN, 180MBs realworld is not too shabby over USB x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12