Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts for Community RS220

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lliw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts for Community RS220
    Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:25pm
We need:
1 x 2" exit M200 MF Driver
2 x Ferrocooled 8" LF Drivers

And any other spare parts for these cabs.

Alternatively, anyone who can get a recone kit for the 8" and a suitable 2" comp

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:16am
did you buy the ones on ebay?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:21am
I have one of the 2" drivers. I might be persuaded to part with. (If I can find it post lockup move! ). 
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:23am
Also, if their rubber surround has rotted on the 8" drivers, wembley can replace just the rubber surround for 29 quid. I'm getting mine done soon.
lliw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lliw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 5:26pm
Matt, do you have a number i could call you on?. If so could you please PM me it. Thanks.

Yeah, Us and another norfolk crew bought 8 of them between us. we have 4 and the other crew have 4. Very impressive for their size! we have TMS3s also for bigger venues but getting these ontop of the rig is like heaven compared to the TMS3s!.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:08pm
I have a controller for the rs220 if you need one

never used so I don't know what it does.  limiting and eq I think

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 02 May 2013 at 9:09pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
teknojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:18pm
if its anything like the controller for the rs880's its shite lol the guy at communityUS told me to to use a dbx instead. His words were 
'The best thing to do with that controller is throw it on your driveway and squash it a few times with a pick up truck when squashed run over it some more to make sure its dead, why we even made them i dont know, their worthless pieces of metal. You'll get much better results with a dbx'
I only asked him what power pack i needed to wire upto the terminal block as it wasnt printed on the back and couldnt find a manual LOL
Lee83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:33pm
Haha use a DBX? They must be bad then, we run our 220's with controllers at the mo, there is a noticeable difference as they apply a few eq tweaks.

However I do plan on ditching them and fiddling with the para on a DCX and tune them with my ears.

The powerpack is 24vac BTW!

Mattd... wembley will replace the rubber surround? That music to my ears, quite a few of our drivers with the old foam surrounds are perishing.
teknojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 11:21pm
24vac hmm might try my controller and see if it really is as bad as he made out lol quite happy with how my 880's sound through my digidrive though :)
lliw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lliw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 11:48pm
i have the controller, how much is a power supply?. Im running mine through a DCX tomorrow evening. Did a test this evening and ran them fairly low and they rocked, the high in them is incredible.
Lee83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 12:03pm
AC PSU's seem to be pretty steep, I found one for £40 online.

I'm not sure if the ones I have are original but they are big grey and beefy and are rated at about 1A.
teknojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 1:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>