Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo extended pd 1850 loaded

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2015 at 12:08am
nice one, there by far my favourite small sub free plan design by a long way....
https://www.elements-audio.com
prestigedjsdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prestigedjsdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2015 at 8:25am
Me too. We olso own some rcf loaded cubo 15. With some big rcf 15 drivers. They sound absolutly awesome. We used them for at party with 250 people. And we very asked to turn down the bass and there where not even at full blown. Not by far.
So I look very much forwards to how 4 1850 loaded cubo 18 ext will sound. I am afraid I am expecting too much from them. I have 2 ma 5000 one for each 4 cubo.
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2015 at 11:35pm
I too am building the Cubo 18" Sub version will be loading it with a unused old PD186 version. Magnet in the horn per Cubo himself and wanna hear how it sounds. I have also 5 new PD1850 but may use them on SBH Startec, don't know yet. This Cubo Sub 18 will be powered by Crest Audio 7001 amp.Wink
BASS, how low can you go!
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 12:01am
Get 8, 1850 loaded and run them with either 2 K8's or inf8mk2s and you're go and way your crowns in at the scrappy.
prestigedjsdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prestigedjsdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 7:56am
8 cubo 1850? How big a venue would use that for? My normal partys are from 100-200 people. 😃 And i like the crowns.
Mrd999 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrd999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 6:54pm
I have 2 loaded with Beyma g450/n's and they rock, love em, not the extended version, I live in a very old cottage and fear I have done structural damage, have had my neighbour round saying stuff is falling off her shelves !!

Edited by Mrd999 - 09 May 2015 at 6:55pm
What goes around, comes around
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 11:39am
I have similar reports from my neighbor (and we're detached houses!) Mine are P-Audio E18ELF loaded and move a fair amount of air when needed! Building 2 more come summer time! 
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 11:50am
Has anyone ever built the cubo15 extended and loaded them with 18" drivers?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 11:53am
Would they fit on the baffle? I know they would width wise, but I mean depth of baffle?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 11:56am
I was looking at my 15s and was eye'ing them up. Should fit, mine are non-extended, but looks like they would fit. I'll get the fatmax out over the weekend and see how close it gets. It will make the horn mouth smaller to as the bigger driver will take up more space.
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 12:44pm
What will you do Mini? Keep the cutout the same and have the magnet in the horn mouth, firing through the 15" cutout?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 1:12pm
Iv got 4x cubo15 and two are 15xb loaded and sound good, im just wondering if a pair of 18xb's with maybe a spacer ring around the frame so im not nailing the driver hard against the baffle as i dont know if the cone would hit the baffle or not. Just a small 10mm spacer would do.

iv got a pair if boxes to experiment with.. i could ask mr cubo himself but i do like a little play and ivbalways got a million ideas rolling around my head all the time.. just need to borrow an 18xb and get a few hours to meself having a play around!

EDIT. Scrapped the idea... the baffle on the 15 is 450mm. Most 18" driver over hang that by at least 10mm!.

..damn it!.

Edited by mini-mad - 05 June 2015 at 1:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>