Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo extended pd 1850 loaded

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 1:33pm
Best get your tools out and build some cubo18's then! Wink

Build me a couple more whilst your at it please. Save me a job! ha ha.

Did you see my cubo mid-bass I knocked up in the newbie section?
charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by prestigedjsdk prestigedjsdk wrote:

8 cubo 1850? How big a venue would use that for? My normal partys are from 100-200 people. 😃 And i like the crowns.

My thoughts exactly... I could only use 8 for a large outdoor or very large room event, which I never do.
I have four cubo subs- 1 pair 18sound 18nlw9400 and 1 pair 18nlw9000 and I've never needed to push them. Things fall of shelves when at even 50%.
Cheekybox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheekybox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 5:00pm
8 in two stacks of 4 would be tasty for a 350 capacity venue.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by charlysays charlysays wrote:

Originally posted by prestigedjsdk prestigedjsdk wrote:

8 cubo 1850? How big a venue would use that for? My normal partys are from 100-200 people. 😃 And i like the crowns.

My thoughts exactly... I could only use 8 for a large outdoor or very large room event, which I never do.
I have four cubo subs- 1 pair 18sound 18nlw9400 and 1 pair 18nlw9000 and I've never needed to push them. Things fall of shelves when at even 50%.

Appreciate this is from two bloody years ago but every time someone says “at only 50%” it makes me much more annoyed than it should.

At 50% power your system theoretically only has 3dB left in it. In reality, with power compression and a lot of modern music having a low crest factor, it can be as low as 1dB.

What I’m saying is, at 50%, you’re basically out of headroom.
Daniel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Appreciate this is from two bloody years ago but every time someone says “at only 50%” it makes me much more annoyed than it should.

At 50% power your system theoretically only has 3dB left in it. In reality, with power compression and a lot of modern music having a low crest factor, it can be as low as 1dB.

Some also refer to where they set the master volume at, which is a just as bad way of telling how loud you're playing. That would be like trying to tell the speed you're driving at with only looking at how far you've pushed the accelerator, disregarding what gear you're in or what the gauges say.
Distortion is evil
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Daniel S Daniel S wrote:

Some also refer to where they set the master volume at, which is a just as bad way of telling how loud you're playing. That would be like trying to tell the speed you're driving at with only looking at how far you've pushed the accelerator, disregarding what gear you're in or what the gauges say.

That is a brilliant explanation.
Why do people still think an amp is at half power when the input pot is turned half way?
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 9:48pm
‘Half the power’ is itself misleading, because very rarely do I ever see anything measured in Real Power anyway. It’s half the voltage.

I would go so far as to argue that this misconception- very easily done, if you forget that audio is mostly logarithm - is the main cause of burned drivers, not clipping.

Edited by toastyghost - 28 October 2019 at 9:49pm
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 9:51pm
Mmm I new I shouldn't have poked my unwelcome nose in....
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

Mmm I new I shouldn't have poked my unwelcome nose in....

Haha not at all, it’s a good discussion to have otherwise nobody will ever learn! Even after they smell that lovely lacquer from across the dance...
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 1:32am
Well them Cubos with the 18Sounds might have gone to a new home half of it as just been sold in RigRe-sale just guessing from the adv he might have been using PQM13 to power all of them not sure if he was still using the Crown

Edited by djkeet - 29 October 2019 at 2:33am
Soundbite
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

Originally posted by Daniel S Daniel S wrote:

That is a brilliant explanation.
Why do people still think an amp is at half power when the input pot is turned half way?

Because there are amps having volume pot numbers not only 0...10 but 0...11!  So they think it is one number louder :D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123