Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanting to start building 2 Hd15's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Greenback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:38am
Jack are you in Leighton Shropshire? As I am based in Shrewsbury, just asking as we have a combination of HD15 speakers with MS18 cabs, there is a free party this weekend if you are interested and want to have a listen? BTW I love our HD15 cabs, we have 8 and in clusters of 4 stacked above subs they belt it out, it is like being slapped in the face! Here is a pic of half or our rig:  

Due to electricity limitations, we only take 2 subs, 2 kicks, 2 tops, and a monitor to our free partys, although you will be impressed by the amount of sound that those 6 speakers can produce front of house!
The doctor recons I'm paranoid... well he didn't say it exactly, but I just knew the bastard was thinking it!
jack lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 10:20am
No I'm based in Leighton buzzard think your about 2 hours away!!! what's the rig name? looking impressive exactly what I'd like to have in a few years!! Just need to get started
Baron Greenback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Greenback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 10:52am
Cheers Jack, the rig is called "The Goblin System" it is a name which has been with it from the early days and has kinda stuck, post your build pics matey so we can see how you are getting on.

Edited by Baron Greenback - 22 May 2013 at 10:53am
The doctor recons I'm paranoid... well he didn't say it exactly, but I just knew the bastard was thinking it!
jack lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 11:32am
Yeh will do! maybe even link ups in the future, not that you need it!!!
jack lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 7:24pm
What would the best option with regards to, i think they're called binding posts? at the back of the speaker. Speakon plates? 
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 7:30pm
Personally, I prefer the circular flange speakon jacks rebated into the wood.  The plate will work too, but whatever you do, make sure its airtight.
jack lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 7:41pm
Okay thanks! and I'd only need one per cab right?
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:18pm
You only need 1, but I would suggest 2 so you can daisy chain later when you build more.
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by b grade b grade wrote:

You only need 1, but I would suggest 2 so you can daisy chain later when you build more.

I like the "when you build more", not "if"

Tongue
jack lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:43pm
I can already tell its going to be hard to stop building!!!
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 12:04am
What type of music are you going to be playing? 

Ps This might help 

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 12:32am
That stick figure needs a scowl on its face
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>