Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD215 for my bike!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiMagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD215 for my bike!
    Posted: 17 June 2013 at 12:59pm
Hello everyone - i'm also up for building HD215.

My sub needs to be placed at my bike. I live in Denmark and we use these bike a lot

It's called a Christiania bike (Christiania builds them) and it counts 88 x 61 cm 

my plan is to build something that i can take on/off when i'm going to use it. Beside the sub i will use two Electro Voice SX 300 speakers (maybe they are too small but thats what i have) and for the sub i'm planing to use two PD154.

i will try to post my project in here and if you have any comments i will be glad to hear about them. It is my first build so i'm pretty new.

earlier i used this bike but i thought i needed some extra in the low end

Edited by MultiMagnus - 17 June 2013 at 1:01pm
Absulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 1:44pm
HD215 wont go very low. Its more commonly used as a kick (upper bass) cabinet, and is only really useful for sub in very large numbers.

Have you considered any other designs for sub? 
I would be going for one that goes low but also loud, and as lightweight as possible considering its going on a bike.

Once you've put some more info up about the project im sure there'll be plenty of suggestions!
ie how are you powering it, what amps, what kinda music etc...
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 1:50pm
I'd do a tapped horn or just a reflex, would work much better than HD and a 215 is quite big for that trolley.
MultiMagnus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiMagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 1:51pm
Absulum - if you have better solutions i would be very glad to hear!

i'm going to play hip hop and house music most of the time. I power i all up with a battery (not from a car) in danish called forbrugsbatteri - like them you have on boats an other places to use power and not in a car where you only use 1 punch of power to start the car.

i havent found any amplifier yet - my battery is 12 v so i need to step it up in some way..

Edited by MultiMagnus - 17 June 2013 at 1:55pm
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 1:59pm
Have a look at Sure Electronics' products - they have several very useful 100 watt+ high-efficiency amp modules that work on 24-48v, and also a small boost converter that takes 9.5-15v input and generates 18-48v output. And it's all very, very cheap LOL
As for a bass bin to build, don't build the HD215. It is tuned pretty high and has a small mouth, requiring at least 3 in a stack to achieve proper horn action. A 2x15 reflex (like davey t's "Slimbin") would give you more useful bass in about the same size box.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiMagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 2:14pm
Do you think any of these from Sure can take 1 of my PD154?

Where can i find some plans for making these slim bins ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiMagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 2:27pm
What about amp Rainbow Ipaul 4300? or http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=1584 

i was planning to buy 2 15" PD154 - or i can buy 2 fane 12" or 15"
Absulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 2:36pm
I would imagine your best bet would be to get on WinISD (its free and very easy to use) and design a reflex enclosure specifically for the driver parameters. You can then change the shape so that it fits perfectly in your bike, and have a box which is perfect for the driver.

You want the highest driver efficiency possible. I dont actually no whats available but the PD 154 looks very efficient! Still possibly worthwhile doing some research to see if their's anything that will squeeze out a bit more sound for less power. 

Have a look in the 12V systems section, may see a lot of your questions answered. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiMagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 2:56pm
i opened a thread in general instead

thanks

http://forum.speakerplans.com/topic79747_post787965.html#787965
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 12:15am
maybe davey t's bootybass speaker? it's fairly compact.. might suit your needs. look it up..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiMagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 12:28am
Oh - thats look interesting - i've been using all the day just reading about sub, kick, reflex, win isd etc. etc.

And i was actually thinking about this design earlier today, wondering why i haven't seen a design like that. The best from 2 worlds? horn AND reflex? Horn spreads it good out and i'm going to use it outdoor and the horn is making the sound nice and tight.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiMagnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 1:06am
i just read the whole thread but maybe its more for kick than sub? how low will it go do you think? round 70? under 70?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>