Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celestion SR 18 bandpass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celestion SR 18 bandpass
    Posted: 05 January 2007 at 8:51am
Hi All!!!

I am looking for old model of SR series by Celestion. The model I am interested in is a band pass design with 18" driver. I am willing to pay for used ones but in a good condition with original components. Alternatively I would be interested in buying empty enclosures or even plans for the cabinets I have mentioned. The model is no longer in production and the Celestion stuff is not giving the plans so I am left with no alternative. I would appreciate  any kind of information regarding the model I have mentioned.
DJ Pubkiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Pubkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:40pm
It sounds to me as though you are on about Celestion SR2 speakers, 1000w 18" Band pass design.
I will reiterate your request, if anybody has plans for these speakers please let me know. I have the top speakers (SR1) and the controller (SRC3) but i would like some SR2's or be able to build these great DJ speakers.
Please Help if you can.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 1:43am
i have 4 SR4s in dublin no-one has looked at in many years...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Pubkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 9:22pm
Nice, if i could get to over i would ask for a price, but sadly i cant.... still out of curiosity.. price?  PM me or email.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 9:28pm
eh dunno. wouldn't have thought they were worth much. they're pretty scruffy.. all original drivers and still working i think.. i always thought they sounded rubbish but i've never had the controller so that might cheer them up a bit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Pubkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 9:39pm
Any idea of the weight.... roughly?
Just thinking of postage.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:18pm
eh... using the crude method of me standing on a dodgy bathroom scales and then me standing on the scales holding one.. it seems about 30kg each?

they are the 2 x 10" little subs...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Pubkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:35pm
LOL, thanks for that.

I will be in touch. i think that it may be to expensive for me though  :( 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:47pm
yeah probably more than they're worth to ship really.
Punchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 7:02pm
I got a pair of celestion SR8 paraflow bins with a SRC 4 crossover up for grabs if your keen
dont make me use UPPERCASE !!
 Post Reply Post Reply