Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New toys.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New toys.
    Posted: 13 September 2013 at 3:10pm
Anyone else bought any new toys today...

This is mine. 2 x 1200 @8ohm. 

Who said Friday's the 13 were unlucky. My new amp arrived intact AND I start a new contract in construction Monday. My best week for a long while!

Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 3:18pm
Interested to see how these fair...whats the price bracket on these?
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 3:35pm
Under £600.00 from a well known forum user. 

I will be very interested to hear it to, but not going to have any time untill the end of Oct... Oh well. 
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 3:43pm
Ahh just twigged... now that is competitive... hmmm

Just had two new toys turn up from the same person actually. I now have BMS taking care of my vlf! cant wait to get them loaded Thumbs Up
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 3:45pm
Class I? Erm, Crown hold a patent for that...
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 3:48pm
Given the reputation of the seller coughTonycough, I would expect these to do just what they are supposed to. So hopefully in a couple of months I can return and get an 18 and a new lms. 
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 4:00pm
looks like a Lab Gruppen
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 4:13pm
Yeah, that was my first thought too! As much as I like good value products, the blatant theft of intellectual property by Chinese companies really does annoy me.
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 4:22pm

Here's my new toys, must say they do look the business! Hopefully get them loaded in the next couple of days and give them some breaking in time...

Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Wrighty Wrighty wrote:

Class I? Erm, Crown hold a patent for that...

This is the first and last time I will comment about these amps on the Forum so I had better make the most of it.

The Class I patent from Crown looks to be a way of eliminating crossover distortion, the class I patent by SAE is based upon the rail voltage tracking.

That's it, my last word. honest(ish)    Smile

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 13 September 2013 at 5:06pm
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:20pm
I am looking forward to connecting this up to my court W18's, XB loaded.

But it may not get tested until the end of October, not my choice but work calls. Hopefully by the time it is getting hooked up I will have added another 4. 
B.P.Sound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.P.Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 8:01pm
Just had some more HDL delivered today still opening boxes 4 hours on. Fitting wheels and finishing off flightcases. Would have been nice if then would have sent the tops in the flightcases. but no tops in boxes and 'Flightcases' in boxes DOH!!
http://www.londoneventrentals.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/LondonEventRentals
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>