Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crossover for HD15?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crossover for HD15?
    Posted: 07 October 2013 at 9:08am
Hello guys.I finished building my first HD15 a couple of days ago and for the moment is loaded with an Eminence Delta15LFA that i just had around. I brought an T.AMP 1400MK to use with it and i already have 4 cabs that i used to make my small party's.
The 4 cabs i have are this ones here: http://www.fbt.it/ENG/PAE/PRODOTTI/SPEAKERS/JOLLY/Jolly-12r-/
and the amp is this one:http://www.thomann.de/gb/tamp_ta1400_amplifier.htm.
For the first tests i have seen that i miss the crossover,so i have a friend that had an old CROWN FFX-2 crossover that he did not used anymore.I configured it as a 3 way mono with the x-over points at 52Hz and 180Hz. So i take the woofer to go to my HD15 and the High channel to go to my speakers.I leave out the SUB section for now.
My question is if i can use this crossover as in the manual say is an 18dB/octave.I won ask about delays yet,ill just try to keep my speakers in line with the HD15.

Thank you!
Laurin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 12:16pm
It will work.

But I would change the resistors for 60Hz and 150Hz.
Check the manual:
http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/legacy/k80216a1.pdf

odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 12:24pm
Yeah you will be ok, might as well have a go with it. Ideally you do want an adjustable crossover so you can have a play and see what sounds best. One HD15 is not going to have the best response ever so it's not too much of a worry till you build more. Blocks of 4+ start to become fun.
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 1:43pm
Thank you guys!
In my idea i would like to build 1 more HD15 and 2 X1's to go with my 4 small FBT cabs.So i could use 2 medium/high each side for the stereo effect and the 2 X1's and 2 HD15 in the middle just for kick and bass.Keep in mind is only for small gigs like 50 people or less.You guys think 2 HD15 would be enough for 2 X1's ?
 Post Reply Post Reply