Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Over heating issues, Punisher , aluminium panels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Over heating issues, Punisher , aluminium panels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2013 at 5:25pm
http://audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/19877.html
http://audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/17334.html
http://audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/17535.html
http://audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/17999.html

Light reading.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2013 at 5:33pm
good read that...... very very interesting!
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 7:16am
Originally posted by ARR_PG ARR_PG wrote:

Hi, I think we have v2 drivers as we bought them after 2005. The plans should have been v2. i like to run the punishers at 2 cabinets on a bridged 1600 or 2600 amplifier 4ohms. Either Matrix Quantum 1600 or Peavey 2600 4ohms. The Peavey only produces 2600 at 2ohms from what i remember. 

Matrix produces 1600 at 4ohms bridged NOT 2ohms.

The cabinets were run from a void infinate 8 at 2ohms. NOT my idea and it wasnt me how wired it.

The cabs were running for over 24 hours and some now do not work and we have replaced some of the cables inside. I am not too worried about the old cabs as I am looking to build 2 or 4 new cabs with aluminium plates. Below is a picture of our stack. Look out for the GREEN punishers.

Ahhh disruption sounds ;)

I take it mikey was setting this up for you? he does like those infinite 8s lol

Your cabs are the v2 drivers and v2 design for sure

We run our puns from matrix xt5000mf amps, 1 double pun per side. the 5000mf will do 2500w at 4ohm per channel and we have had the amps and cabs rocking for days at organic sounds and other events without any problems.
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2013 at 9:06am
Yes thats right. Im not too happy at mikey running them at 2ohms. Im am planning on getting some wood this weekend. Anyone know where to get some 8x4 sheets at  chippy prices. would be nice. 

ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2013 at 9:29am
Need to know a way of removing the grill that covers the cooling vent to (pole piece) in speakers, without cutting a hole in it, that is the only thing holding me back.

cheers

odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2013 at 9:42am
It's only to stop debris getting down there I believe, a bit of solid wire fashioned into a hook would probably get it out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234