Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xbox1 vs PS4 vs PC - discuss/curse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox1 vs PS4 vs PC - discuss/curse
    Posted: 08 November 2013 at 5:59pm
sooo, what camp do you sit in, are you tied between one console or the other, waiting your time until they make their final specifications before you go buy, or are you an avid PC gamer?

Discuss, 'cuss' and explain.....

my choice: PC gamer personally, i like being able to update hardware as/when i need rather than having one console and having to get the whole new console when a new one comes out, and with the likes of Steam OS coming - and the steampad, it looks like a potential match made in heaven!! Far more adaptable and competitive than other options!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 6:02pm
Consoles will last you longer than the PC, because you can't upgrade. With a PC you will always want something new to run the latest and greatest!

But PC all the way for the best gaming experience. 

My two pennies worth...
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 6:08pm
but what i want is often limited by what i can afford, so often i only upgrade when i really have too - like my processor/mobo/ram after 7years as it was finally maxing out, gfx after 5years as that too couldn't cope with what i was asking of it. But i agree many do take things too far, some of the guys out there with dual/tripple Nvidea Titan SLI rigs with double I7's etc are just seriously lame.

Be sensible - and replace only when bottlenecking is stopping you doing what you need, then all is well.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 9:15pm
im an xbox fan, bro is a pc gaming nut, he has one of those alian things laptops.
https://www.elements-audio.com
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 9:18pm
alienware dear... alienware
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 9:27pm
that's the one mini-mad, they look like nice laptops.
https://www.elements-audio.com
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 9:50pm
i stopped playin games at call of duty 2 !!!!  pc is king for games but at a cost my bro's gaming rig cost thousands we have a both xbox and ps3 they do a good job for a lot less money Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 2:49pm
I'm a Mac guy so unfortunately most games are not available to me unless I want to run Bootcamp. And if I did that I wouldn't be able to run the games to their full spec.

So I had a couple of Xboxes, as most of my friends used them. But they all red-ringed, so I made the switch to PS, and never looked back. Pre-ordered PS4 with BF4.
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 3:39pm
PC all the way, a £500 decent build will last for years whilst matching console graphics and the games (even legally) are much cheaper than their console equivalents so that adds up over time. i don't understand people who insist that gaming capable PCs all cost £1k+ and must be upgraded every 3 years. Total rubbish. SteamOS is going to narrow the gap heavily with regard to media and co-op gaming in the living room, the more compelling console features such as split screen with one game copy seem to be disappearing over time there.

The new xbox is a joke, more like a tool to display more adverts/sell you things direct to the living room that also happens to play games. Always on kinect? Seriously?

PS4 maybe, just not interested when a PC can do everything it can and so much better. I suppose if you didn't have a clue how to build or run a PC or just cannot be arsed to then they are a sensible buy.

Edited by odc04r - 12 November 2013 at 3:41pm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 6:25pm
I'm only a really casual gamer these days so I use my PS3 (GTAV currently and GT6 in December) otherwise it's just a (poor) media player (sod you Sony DRM). Our TV plays media files nicer anyway.

PC gaming is to me a bit too full on, in as much as I have to be at the desk, in another oom, fully committed (which I can't be with family and busier life now). I do much prefer the depth of PC gaming though (still dabble with Total War occassionally) and the interface of mouse/keyboard.

Keeping an eye on Steambox though since I heard about it a few months back. A more likely replacement for the PS3 rather than a PS4 in our household.
I've had Pc's that sit under the telly, they were a bit 'meh' on the gaming front, and we still had a CRT at the time, so basic reading of words was problematic!

Edited by norty303 - 12 November 2013 at 6:26pm
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 6:53pm
All that could change Norty... I am very interested to see how their proposed streaming over LAN works out. 2014 will be a good year for choice regardless.

Quote (still dabble with Total War occassionally

This may intrigue you then. I don't believe them entirely when they say the new controller might be better than the classic mouse+keyboard combination, but I'll keep an open mind for now.

Edited by odc04r - 12 November 2013 at 6:57pm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 8:50pm
To be honest, I don't really want a 'dummy' box that I need a 'hot' PC to run the games on remotely. I want a fully loaded PC in a box that works like a console, but that looks like one of the options anyway.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>