Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lab Gruben 13000 Vs FFA10k Vs Infinite 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by RosscoPico RosscoPico wrote:

40x TFS900B Should be able to get 167dB (peak), pretty respectable!  

and Dylan, we're going to put on a party in Brighton this month so come along and say hello if you are interested to meet us :-)

Whereabouts? Yeah i'll pop by and show my face!
RosscoPico View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosscoPico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:23pm
Okay cool, it'll be at the Volks.

Will let you know more at the end of the week Smile
.:ELEMENT 5 SYSTEMS:.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by RosscoPico RosscoPico wrote:

Okay cool, it'll be at the Volks.

Will let you know more at the end of the week Smile

100yards from the office - handy! Drop me a PM :)
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 12:04am
I don't suppose the best-sounding bass amp in the world is any match for any Lab Gruppen if it spends most of its time at the repairers!
Kevin

North Staffordshire

RosscoPico View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosscoPico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 12:14am
Sure Dylan, will do.

Good point Kevin.  From your experience then, who would you rate as the most reliable amp companies that you know of?

Edited by RosscoPico - 05 December 2013 at 12:25am
.:ELEMENT 5 SYSTEMS:.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 12:46pm
million dollar question, that!

Difficult to be scientific. I only see amps when they go wrong. That's a skewed view of the amp world! I can only tell you what amps are made with love and care and the best components and which are thrown together with cheap chinese rubbish parts. That doesn't always mean that the one type is more reliable than the other...though its a guide I suppose. I don't know how they're treated out in the field. I don't know how many units of a particular type are out there...the best-selling amp is bound to produce more failures due to shear volumes of sales.
As an example, I get alot of Mackie SRM450s for repair. They are I believe officially the world's best-selling powered plastic speaker...what's the reason they're a frequent visitor? Because they're unreliable, or because theyre so numerous?

A volume reseller like Blue Aran are perhaps better at answering this sort of question, because they will know what works out of the box, what fails under warranty, and what are the brands they never see come back.

Some manufacturers (and this goes for lighting as well as sound) will squeeze every last morsel of power out of their components to acheive performance at the sacrifice of reliability. I've just repaired some LED moving mirrors that worked (and no doubt sold themsleves) brilliantly until they were safely out of warranty whereupon the LED chip arrays died. Turned out they were so bright becuase they had over-run the leds for maximum impact and minimum reliability. I soon modified that! I'm sure you get the idea.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123