Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is it an x1?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is it an x1?
    Posted: 03 December 2013 at 2:32pm
bought a pair of bins a while back which i thought where x1s at first glance... after looking into them some more i have noticed that the driver is actualy mounted the other way and the bored which the driver mounts on is on the opposite angle if you know what i mean? there very similar measuremts to the x1's and think they where built by dub sound system or someone like that... 
going to be loading them with a pair of rcf's and got a crown microtech 2400 to power them with... just try to work out what they actualy are and weather they will be ok to load with rcf's?

DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 2:35pm
"a photo is better than 1000 words"...

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 2:41pm
yeah, photos will help.

rcf is just a brand name.. they do some drivers which work in the X1 alright.. but you'd have to give a model number before anyone could tell you if they'd be suitable or not.
loddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 2:55pm
i know this might be a real stupid question but how do i upload pics? do i need to put them onto imageshack first then send link or something like that? had a look on faq's but didnt tell me anything 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 3:01pm
don't use quick reply at the bottom.. use "post reply" button to the bottom left of the post and you should see an image upload button under the colour menu.

don't know if it's available to brand new users like you... sure have a look.

most of us do just upload to imgur or imageshack or somewhere and then link though.
loddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 3:05pm
http://imageshack.com/i/nmjfskj

Edited by loddy - 03 December 2013 at 3:09pm
loddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 3:06pm
not the best picture but thats all i have got at the moment... cheers for the help cravings!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 3:21pm

i don't know what it is, but it's not an X1 alright.

people often refer to anything similar to a plan as the plan. any 2x18 reflex is a g-sub in many people's eyes. etc.

it looks fairly well built, presumably some thought went into it. maybe someone else on here will be able to identify them.
skagheadsteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skagheadsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 3:36pm
looks like a kam vortex to me

could be wrong though, dunno much about them but link included
loddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 10:53am
yeah im prety sure it is a kam vortex too after looking into them a bit, cheers for your help!
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 10:56am
Does it really have a passive crossover?
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
marc7885 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc7885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 10:23pm
Could it be a k bin??? The plans are very similar

Edited by marc7885 - 06 January 2014 at 10:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>