Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF - Event Date: 05 January 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:17am
yes, thats what i remember too Tony, but i will struggle big time with one. Ill speak to the venue and see if they mind me tailing in properly. That way, we can all have more power as required. My little reflex boxes suck a lot of power and are nowhere near as efficient as your subs.

If this is not possible, or the incomer is not up to the job, then i might have to see if someone else has a looped out 32A outlet that they don't me hooking the second rack up to - on the basis that if we are not both pulling current at the same time as, or course, a silent system pulls milliamps.

It its all to much trouble or causing waves ill run a smaller system of one - but where is the fun in that!..
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:26am
Normally it would be 4 subs, 4 upper bass, mids and hi's etc. were you thinking of more than this?
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:27am
Is this place next to gradav?
100% Earth Moving Bass
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:33am
Yes.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:45am
I wonder how many broken lamps they get due to these events. Very friendly bunch Gradav.

Tony - yes, i will be bringing in more than 4 subs. My subs are tiny and are not capable of anywhere near the SPL of a scoop - mini or full size. Its also a one way bass solution as all the systems we deploy are 2 boxes - sub / bass and mid / high.

a stack of 12 of my little subs would be smaller than 4 S118's for instance.

Dont get me wrong - for me this is strictly not a competition ( i really do mean that) , merely an opportunity to stretch the legs of the system a little for good fun, as 99% of the work we do is usually very restricted as to the amount of bass we can use - Festivals, corporate events, etc etc all seem to have noise issues.

As regards the comments that will come about the number of 18" drivers etc, i cant argue. I don't claim to be able to fill a venue the size of GP with 4 subs, and would not bother trying. As you know, my work is very different to that of a roots sound system, but i think there is plenty i can learn from the way others work, and there is maybe a little that others can learn from me. This, and the fun motive is why i am delighted to be involved.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 12:54am
will you bring the void sub bins as well mate?

there is so much room on gp you could bring both [preferably with the void arcline tops]  just for demo'ing
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

I wonder how many broken lamps they get due to these events. Very friendly bunch Gradav.

Tony - yes, i will be bringing in more than 4 subs. My subs are tiny and are not capable of anywhere near the SPL of a scoop - mini or full size. Its also a one way bass solution as all the systems we deploy are 2 boxes - sub / bass and mid / high.

a stack of 12 of my little subs would be smaller than 4 S118's for instance.

Dont get me wrong - for me this is strictly not a competition ( i really do mean that) , merely an opportunity to stretch the legs of the system a little for good fun, as 99% of the work we do is usually very restricted as to the amount of bass we can use - Festivals, corporate events, etc etc all seem to have noise issues.

As regards the comments that will come about the number of 18" drivers etc, i cant argue. I don't claim to be able to fill a venue the size of GP with 4 subs, and would not bother trying. As you know, my work is very different to that of a roots sound system, but i think there is plenty i can learn from the way others work, and there is maybe a little that others can learn from me. This, and the fun motive is why i am delighted to be involved.

Chris as long as Jason knows what you are doing , everything will be fine. People do use these events like a sound clash in spite of what they say. 
For me, GP is a place to conquer, and this time around I will definitely find out what a little system can do in a place that size. This will be my last try. Ive' done over 40 Gigs since I was last there, so I don't need to test the system, although I do need to test myself to see if I've improved since the last time.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 1:16am
I'm Bringing sub cabs with drivers havnt used before, with different amps, midtops never used before, different eq, preamp, so the whole system is going to be tested as its NEVER been used before. I'm not fussed how many cabs/amps anyone brings btw :) chris I'm taking 4 very small mini scoops, 2compact double 12 +comp reflex midtops 15"wide 36"high. trap, 1 double 15" reflex for upperbass low mid. 
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 2:03am
Pm me what the damage would be for a swb or mwb transit please?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

will you bring the void sub bins as well mate?

there is so much room on gp you could bring both [preferably with the void arcline tops]  just for demo'ing

On this occasion, i think it will just be my subs. I will bring a couple of my mini tops ( the twin 8" units) but the main mid high will come from some arcline 6 - so at least you will get to hear those.

To bring void subs too would need a larger truck due to the weight, and that gets expensive. 

I do have a larger, high output mid high on the way, but i am still at an early stage with it, so it will have to wait for another day. I am particularly looking forward to hearing Tony's R2U mid high boxes again, as my design has a similar component line up, and it might give me a reference as to the sound i want.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Pm me what the damage would be for a swb or mwb transit please?

Ill see if one of my regular drivers is free that day and let you know as that will be the cheapest way, and we get another pair of hands too
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2013 at 9:34pm
day off booked for me, carnt wait to catch up with a few faces and have a pint  :)
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>