Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT8 MK2 Horn Flare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 6:41pm
Hi there! Last week i bought from Blue Aran last two XT8 Mk2.But i need two more,so if someone have two for sale,PM please.Cash waiting!!
Sapro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2014 at 5:34pm
Ok a bit of discussion here if i may.
I thought that phase plugs were for reducing beaming at high frequences. In which case why did Ceharden think that the mk2 had beaming?
Mykey as the creator of these what are your thoughts? What is the upper cutoff of mk1 and 2?
Robin (Splat Sound System)
Sapro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 7:55am
Anyone?
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 8:41am

Horn flare rate not the phase plug. I'm working on a Mk3 with a quicker flare rate

Radiation pattern varies with frequency. High frequency sound tends be emitted in narrow beams with poor off-axis performance.

I have also designed a horn for a point source array. Line array if anyone purchases enough of themLOL  as you can see, the design opens up pretty quickly

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 1:28pm
....your brave!! Lol

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Sapro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 5:34pm
Sorry to labour this but the phase plug reduces beaming? Is that correct?
thepersonunknown View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepersonunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Sapro Sapro wrote:

in theory yes because it reduces the distance between boundries meaning that thoes boundries can contol shorter wavelengths, although that is a very simplified explanation.

things like the size and shape of the phase plug and horn boundries (amongst other things, some of which i have no idea what the hell they are) come into play, not to mention the frequency ur trying to contol.
They keep telling me life is short, but its the longest thing ive ever done!!!
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 2:47pm
Any mk2 horns for sale? How did mk3 end up?
We need more SPL!
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 11:56pm
Curious too!
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2015 at 12:44am
Mykey Wattco
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 9:45am
For sale on ebay?
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by thepersonunknown thepersonunknown wrote:

Originally posted by Sapro Sapro wrote:

in theory yes because it reduces the distance between boundries meaning that thoes boundries can contol shorter wavelengths, although that is a very simplified explanation.

things like the size and shape of the phase plug and horn boundries (amongst other things, some of which i have no idea what the hell they are) come into play, not to mention the frequency ur trying to contol.

There's also the concept of reducing the air mass infront of the driver which acts as a low pass filter and allows it to play higher. Another reason why phase plugs are hard to simulate, you're changing the horn expansion to support higher wavelengths and also allowing the driver to reach them simultaneously.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>