Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SAE PXM 1450 Power Amplifier Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Ill check for the pictures. 
No data at this moment about the consumption.
The amp is 2x1600W/8ohm and 2600W/4 ohm.
2.66ohm operation without any problem. 2 ohm stable, but we have not made any long term test in real condition yet for 2ohm load. 

Hi Marjan, that specs would indicate this would hugely outperform MA5000VZ, which has dual transformers, plenty of smoothing, and plenty of O/P devices.

Could you please detail Transformer VA rating, Number of smoothing caps, voltage/ripple current, also number of output devices per  channel, and make/models.

I check these details before buying any sub amp.

Edited by levyte357- - 18 October 2018 at 1:30pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 5:27pm
This is the only picture i have of that amp internals.
I am quite busy these days, but i will try not to forget to check all the datayou asked for.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 5:31pm
Here is the PXM1450 for comparison.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 7:06pm
Good man.

Glad to see smoothing mentioned by Abletronics, has been addressed.Clap
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2022 at 10:04am
fair few years on now, just wondering how everyone is getting on with theres ?? also anyone done a a b test with the pcm 20 for example :)

Edited by paulus - 16 March 2022 at 10:04am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2022 at 2:05am
I've been running two PCM20s, a PCM13, and a PQM8 for a few years now. First few years had maybe 10 gigs a year. Now when COVID isn't shutting down dancefloors in Sydney we run it bout 2 times a week.

Had one PCM20 failure (during home use not a gig luckily) that was repaired by the local distributor (who has since stopped selling the amps fyi) But everything has been running fine since.

But yes, my experience with the PCM series has been good overall, happy years on, and thanks to this forum for the word on em.

Edited by vertx - 22 June 2022 at 12:49pm
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 11:39am
that's great , just was interested as I have had it a fair few years now and it has really been amazing , i bought it brand new and have done many many events with it , running 2x 1850 a side and sometimes 3 , its very good on a 13 amp too due to its efficiently, i run it hard i use the lms to set brick wall limiter and run the amp up to clip and back it off the least i can to keep reds off , its fine run from 33 to 80 hz on drum and bass hire outs which are mainly 9 till 4am and my own sound playing roots and dub music , :) i have onned all the big crest and crown and the void but this for me is great i will add tho on the newer bigger boy drivers i think would need more power , we tested on the bnc sw115 18inch and it sounded very very nice but did run out of power this was on a 32 amp feed also , the crown 12000 did have more spl but that to was clipping just a side note 

Edited by paulus - 22 June 2022 at 11:43am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 8:09am
Interesting review.

If it has a nice sound, and I can get them for same price as 5050, would  try it with 1x 4 ohm big boy driver per side.

kilowattsounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilowattsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2022 at 8:48am
Great amps ultra reliable great sub tone cheap enough with adequate power no complaints from me 
MORE BASS LESS BEEF INCREASE THE PEACE !!!!!

my facebook page
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2022 at 3:29pm
Welcome bk to the forum marcus 👊
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
kilowattsounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilowattsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 2:58pm
Nuff respect big man 
MORE BASS LESS BEEF INCREASE THE PEACE !!!!!

my facebook page
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819