Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SAE PXM 1450 Power Amplifier Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 11:20pm
It state in specs non removable IEC
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 11:27pm
parts are available.
https://www.elements-audio.com
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 11:32pm
Bee...good to know, thanks

NathanShort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NathanShort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 6:24am
In fact they would be amazing amps,  but they have some major flaws.

Meter is not enough steps.  Internal limiter is shit.  Does nothing.  And unless set with Nasa like precision in your DSP  there is no forgiveness ,  it will burn drivers. 

That I cannot live with. 

Plus the use the damn cheapest parts on the rear panel and lay it out horribly on all their amps. 

Look at the back of any QSC PL series,  or Crown Itec.   That is a well laid out amp with flow and options.  

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

― Vince Lombardi Jr.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 9:03am
Nathon,

If you are talking about the Lexon amps you need to stay off the wacky mate :)

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
tomr_29 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomr_29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 9:06am
Originally posted by NathanShort NathanShort wrote:

In fact they would be amazing amps,  but they have some major flaws.

Meter is not enough steps.  Internal limiter is shit.  Does nothing.  And unless set with Nasa like precision in your DSP  there is no forgiveness ,  it will burn drivers.  

That I cannot live with.  

Plus the use the damn cheapest parts on the rear panel and lay it out horribly on all their amps.  

Look at the back of any QSC PL series,  or Crown Itec.   That is a well laid out amp with flow and options.   

Based on what facts?

I have an SAE PQM13 and all the rear connectors are Neutrik...

Proper capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
www.facebook.com/tremoracoustics
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 9:59am
Tom,

I did not think it was worth a serious answer :)

Tony
tomr_29 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomr_29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Tom,

I did not think it was worth a serious answer :)

Tony

Fair point LOL
Proper capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by DjLeco DjLeco wrote:

Excluding their "rich and old culture" that I RESPECT, they are idiots.

So idiots that they disgrace me.

So tiny wire connections for that amount of power, so tiny EMI coil at trafo input for that amount of power.

So, and So, and So...

So if I become seller of amps made by me, for this video, I must say mine amp deliver 19800Watts/8 ohms loading? (one zero in plus especially wrote)

What?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:05pm
i don't think the whole of the Chinese race built/designed the amplifier. A billion in their country alone and you wana stereotype them all based on a product. This site has a way of exposing all the racists. That aside yes it doesn't look well built or designed you're right. Dissapointing. Unfortunately your comments have been overlooked due to your narrow minded views on a whole race
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
tomr_29 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomr_29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:05pm
@DjLeco

The Crown Class-I amplifier is essentially a full-bridge Class-D amplifier where the PWM signal is determined by the signal amplitude as opposed to using the typical fixed frequency of normal PWM.

http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/amps/137234.pdf

The SAE Class-I works by adapting the power supply output to minimise resistive losses in the output transistors. (Edit: Link downloads a .pdf)

The two technologies are nothing alike, they just both called them Class-I at around the same time which isn't really helpful. In the last few years a lot of different amplifier classes have been 'invented' and the majority are just re-hashes of A, AB, D and G.

Your other comments are racist and disgusting. If you want to speak about anyone that way I suggest you find somewhere else to voice your opinions as nobody here is remotely impressed.

Edited by tomr_29 - 31 January 2014 at 12:07pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:21pm
I had a bit of respect for that guy but his post is some of the most ill-informed and disgustingly racist comments I have read on here.

One of my criteria for intelligence is the lack of racism in a person, Pepe's can be clever but anybody who is rascist can never be intelligent in my book.

DJ-Leco you disgust me.

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 31 January 2014 at 12:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>