Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SAE PXM 1450 Power Amplifier Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:29pm
Yes I agree with the above. Terrible to reference this in the way you have Leco.

I also do not see what relevance bringing up atrocities like that has to do with amplifier design. Really poor taste comments.

Edited by Wikl109 - 31 January 2014 at 12:34pm
Cheers, Chris.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:53pm
Rite... Ian just ban him.... and then can we more on with this thread please. I was getting interested till the two pages of telling some one how much of a dick they was... can we move on please and stop wasting time on a subject that should get ANYONE and instant ban on here.

thank you.

....so, im a matrix fan as i love the amps and what they do for me and iv been lucky enuff to get some silly prices on them and i think they sound superb. Im warming to this 1450 though......

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:00pm
What the hell just happened? I have no problem poking fun at the americans or anybody else for that matter but what on earth that has to do with dropping nasty bombs and wishing them hell while at the same time having a rant saying how your amp is better than anybody else's is just barmy Confused. I was hoping for a useful discussion about these amps that I might be interested in hearing and playing with later in the year. I don't care whether they have bloody limiters and if they work or not, what is it with these people?
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:02pm
if we're banning racists ill post some old topics and we can ban the. All. That aside amp looks suspect for the specs given. Does anyone else see it?
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

i don't think the whole of the Chinese race built/designed the amplifier. A billion in their country alone and you wana stereotype them all based on a product. This site has a way of exposing all the racists. That aside yes it doesn't look well built or designed you're right. Dissapointing. Unfortunately your comments have been overlooked due to your narrow minded views on a whole race

Even with all the excellent inf DJ Leco has contributed over the years, the above sums up the situation.

Leco, maybe a suitable apology, would go some way to mend your reputation, unfortunately tarnished by a couple of your most recent posts.

Especially as there are some Chinese members here, continually having to face racist SP comments about China already.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

That aside amp looks suspect for the specs given. Does anyone else see it?

Would be great if thread returned to technical discussion, then maybe some bench sine measurement, at 50hz, 1khz, 10khz. Has been a long time, since we've had a transformer amp to get excited about, and put it under the spot light.

If amp configuration is not the old Class G/H, then maybe topology is wringing the same power from this 2U design, that we would expect from 3U guys like Inf8MK2 & 9001?

Edited by levyte357- - 31 January 2014 at 1:11pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Kyriptus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyriptus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:13pm
Has anyone bench tested this amp and has actually examined the inside of the amplifer, im looking into getting some of these (PXM1450) in the near future :)
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:13pm
no logical reason for it but I love the heavy weight amps

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:14pm
Despite the fact that some very hefty amps have had captive mains leads over the years the cable used in that rear image pic in the first post does not look meaty enough for an amp of this spec. Although that pic could be of one of the lower power models.
Cheers, Chris.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:16pm
the lead is only 1.5m long, how meaty do you think it needs to be?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

the lead is only 1.5m long, how meaty do you think it needs to be?

With that type of cable gland it just dosen't look anywhere near as thick as the captive lead on say even a Thomann Proline.
Cheers, Chris.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:26pm
Doesn't need to be as thick if the efficiency is higher. All swings and roundabouts. The proline is a chunky well engineered beast but not a sophisticated design.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>