Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SAE PXM 1450 Power Amplifier Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 12:37pm
are the PCM18'S still for sale bee?..or as the PXM1450 took over?,,& is ther much differance in performance? Smile

bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 1:07pm
the pcm18's are available, the pcm18's have more power and are light weights. the pxm are transformer amps. We have the new updated pqm 4 channel amps on route. They will be with me and Paul end of Jan.

https://www.elements-audio.com
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by chrapladm chrapladm wrote:

I sent you a message on here which I hope you got. I tried to send a message onyour signature link and that didnt work either so how do I email you?

you need over 10 post to send a pm, 1 more post and your there...

If you go to my website you can send me an email direct...

Edited by bee - 06 December 2015 at 1:11pm
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

the pcm18's are available, the pcm18's have more power and are light weights. the pxm are transformer amps. We have the new updated pqm 4 channel amps on route. They will be with me and Paul end of Jan.

thanks for that bee Thumbs Up as ive heard many times before i would guess the pxm are more suited to bass duty's then being tranformer,.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 3:01pm
To be honest I use both for sub, and find there is no difference to the tones of both models, the pcm gives me a little more head room and lighter to carry. Internally both are the same just one has a transformer the other has switch mode
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 3:14pm
thanks bee Thumbs Up
chrapladm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrapladm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 9:04pm
I tried to send an email from your signature link but it didn't go through. It only caused an error when I pushed send.
Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2015 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

any more info on whats updated on the new PQM amplifiers?
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2015 at 12:18am
the hole range now has a updated look, with the same vu front panal across the range. The pcm range has increased outputs, the internal layout has been tweeked to improve airflow, and some component updates. The updated pqm range is the same as before just a few tweeks hear and there and cosmetic changes.
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 12:05pm
bought the PXM1450 a few months ago and really happy with it so far - generally the coldest thing in any room at the end of a gig. sounds great too, and has no trouble powering two void v-18 1000's on one side (the only ran it two one side and 1 the other so far). wondering if someone can confirm what i'm thinking about the input voltage selector on the back? I've got it on the 0.755 setting just now, and even with my pioneer djm800 hitting plus 6db on dubstep the amp is not being pushed to clip. My understanding was that this input voltage meant that you only needed a signal of 0.755v from the mixer to give the amp a full signal? having to boost on my ultradrive to 5/6db on the sub channel at the moment to get the amp to run full power. any thoughts? 
osse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 1:13pm

Edited by osse - 27 February 2016 at 1:14pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 2:37pm
whats, the lms reading on the input, you should have your gains set, set channel on mixer hits 0db, master on 0db, lms should be hitting 0 on the input. if the channel output on lms is also hitting 0 but amp not hitting 0 change voltage on the back... one setting at a time.

Edited by bee - 27 February 2016 at 2:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>