Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SAE PXM 1450 Power Amplifier Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Doesn't need to be as thick if the efficiency is higher. All swings and roundabouts. The proline is a chunky well engineered beast but not a sophisticated design.

I've just had a quick look at the Proline 3k and there maybe isn't that much in it. Still think i'd have rather had a 32a Powercon or similar on an amp of that power.
Cheers, Chris.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:31pm
they usually use the thicker cable for 120v

that's why some of the crest p9001's have cables the girth of a small tree
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
chemicalabuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemicalabuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:50pm
i have a pcm12 i know its not a pxm but would be interesting in having it bench tested  to see how the specs stack up to paper figure but i am impressed with the amp, bassed in manchester if theres anyone close interested

Edited by chemicalabuse - 31 January 2014 at 1:51pm
Amens!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:56pm
Ok,i have edited out the offending posts..can i please make it quite clear,as sometimes the issues here seem to get a little confused....this forum is about speakers and sound etc,it is not about politics or race. I dont care if you are left-wing,right wing,white,black,yellow,inuit,arab,jewish or even ginger.

Next deliberately offensive racist comment the poster will get permanently banned.

Carry-on please gents.

Be seeing you.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:00pm
 ginger LOLLOL
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Kyriptus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyriptus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by chemicalabuse chemicalabuse wrote:

i have a pcm12 i know its not a pxm but would be interesting in having it bench tested  to see how the specs stack up to paper figure but i am impressed with the amp, bassed in manchester if theres anyone close interested

how does it fair on bass duty?
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Kyriptus Kyriptus wrote:

Ahem...

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

ginger
.....careful!

Can anyone bench one? Wouldnt mind seeing the out come. With limiters turned off.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Kyriptus Kyriptus wrote:

Ahem...

LOL
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:19pm
I dont have the PCM amps but i do have the 18 series amps that should be pretty much same.
I have done some measuring on my biggest one (the 20 which i believe is called 18 now, or not, i have no idea if it is the same amp with more conservative spec, or they have discontinued this 20 one, maybe Tony can ask this for me i would love to get a few more of the 20 amps for my subs). 
What i did is connect one channel of the amp to one BA218 sub (2x18 inch) and played 70hz tone (i did this inside a 40m2 room so having 40hz tone will do a lot of damage on that level so 70hz was more bearable) till the clip light flashed. I measured 154V. Which is a lot of power on 4 ohms. About 5500W.
I didnt do this on both channels at once because that will devastate my R&D room and it was too cold outside to go and do it.

I have run the amp on 2 ohms for a short time during a demo. So not sure how this can be of any meaning because the amp never run more then like 5 min at a time. But i didnt noticed any sign of stress or increased temperature.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
chemicalabuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemicalabuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:34pm
don't wana highjack the thread but it does realy well had it on 4ohm loads and 2 ohm loads v1800 hogs and pd.186 es18bph and not a problem all night. Very nice sounding bass for a digital amp! plenty of headroom on the pd186s but happy run the v1000 all night with a tiny bit of headroom would deffo recomend it as a cheaper lightweight option, on the terms of the powercable it is fairly beefy comes with a 13 amp on the end but will be swapping that to a 16 amp ceeform this weekend. i will get some pic of the inside if i get chance.

but no more questions back to the PXM
Amens!
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I dont have the PCM amps but i do have the 18 series amps that should be pretty much same.
I have done some measuring on my biggest one (the 20 which i believe is called 18 now, or not, i have no idea if it is the same amp with more conservative spec, or they have discontinued this 20 one, maybe Tony can ask this for me i would love to get a few more of the 20 amps for my subs). 
What i did is connect one channel of the amp to one BA218 sub (2x18 inch) and played 70hz tone (i did this inside a 40m2 room so having 40hz tone will do a lot of damage on that level so 70hz was more bearable) till the clip light flashed. I measured 154V. Which is a lot of power on 4 ohms. About 5500W.
I didnt do this on both channels at once because that will devastate my R&D room and it was too cold outside to go and do it.

I have run the amp on 2 ohms for a short time during a demo. So not sure how this can be of any meaning because the amp never run more then like 5 min at a time. But i didnt noticed any sign of stress or increased temperature.

No problem Marjan, I will get in touch after their new years break.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>