Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Glitter Systems speakers and consoles Wanted!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glitter Systems speakers and consoles Wanted!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mightystevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightystevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glitter Systems speakers and consoles Wanted!!!
    Posted: 05 September 2021 at 10:03am
I managed to find the last pair of glitter speakers made the 12” McKenzie drivers all in good condition and sounding great but the piezo drivers and crossovers needed replacing so not an expensive job. I thin I re sold to a vintage Record Shop 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightystevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 10:00am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightystevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 9:02am
The last pair made came with original sales receipt signed by Rick Marston and still sounded good re sold to a vintage music company. Steve Hartland

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightystevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2020 at 2:26pm
I have a pair of Silver Glitter System Speakers for sale, please see attached picture. Fully Tested all four tweeters and crossovers replaced. They were the last pair manufactured and sold by Disco Supplies in 1985 (I know as I worked there at the time). Best wishes out to all old customers including Simon Harris and the bosses Rick Marston, Bill Platten and workmates Little Bill Barnard and Frank GREAT TIMES. Steve
Matt_Storm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2020 at 12:04am
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2019 at 10:57pm
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 11:38pm
I don’t want a glitter system that bad, certainly wouldn’t pay £500 for one. Would be more for my own interest/nostalgia/ just because I kinda like it rather than to use regularly for gigs, as such could never justify spending any serious money.

100% Earth Moving Bass
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by bollyboggins bollyboggins wrote:

Well, to be honest I'm kind of open to offers as this may have a certain sentimental value and because of its rarity. The speakers are still in use and I love 'em so it would have to be a serious offer to get me to part with them!... Hope this helps

There was a pair on Ebay for a stupid figure of £500 a while back...bear in mind they only contain 12" Fane pop50's, you really would have to be in love with the Glitter look to pay that for something containing £10 worth of drivers!
Be seeing you.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2019 at 6:22am
Originally posted by bollyboggins bollyboggins wrote:

hi there and thanks for your interest, happy to post pics, but dose't seem to be an option here. if you can supply your email or whatsapp i'll certainly oblige
dj braden g

Once you have more than 10 points in these forums you get the ability to post pictured and to send PM's (private messages).

Pix are posted using the small icon of a tree above the composition box.

BJ
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
bollyboggins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bollyboggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2019 at 12:42am
Well, to be honest I'm kind of open to offers as this may have a certain sentimental value and because of its rarity. The speakers are still in use and I love 'em so it would have to be a serious offer to get me to part with them!... Hope this helps
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2019 at 12:21am
What sort of price are you hoping to get for the glitter system?
I sort of want one.... a little bit... maybe
If the price was right.

Edited by GAZ. - 17 November 2019 at 12:24am
100% Earth Moving Bass
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2019 at 12:16am
I'm afraid you need over a certain amount of posts (is it 10?) to be able to post pics and access the message service. 
blah blah blah blah blah......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>